𝐗𝐈𝐕 • ❝𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞!❞

Start from the beginning

"Diego?" I question and all I hear is his rough voice.

"Serena?" He questions me back and I feel puzzled.

"Um, Nicolas has had his child, well children." I said and waited for Diego's response.

"That's great! How come they're having twins now?" Diego questions and then flashbacks come to be as I heard Nicolas speak to my mother about what happened.

"Well, one of the babies were hiding behind the other." I say and smile at the thought of being an auntie of two, I've always wanted to be an auntie but I never thought I would be.

"Oh, hiding? You can't be doing that in the mafia." He chuckles and then the thought hits me, those babies are going to be a part of the mafia.

"Well...They might not want to be in the mafia." I say softly waiting for his response and opinion on all of this.

"Yeah well, they might." He states and I roll my eyes. I sigh and wait for our silence to break, in which it doesn't and I decide to break it.

"How is it going?" I ask and he sighs, I can hear the frustration coming through his voice.

"Well, we found their old hide out spot and some... Pictures." The silence between some and pictures tells me that he isn't happy with saying 'pictures'.

"What pictures?" I question slowly but he sighs deeply.

"Just some pictures with my mother being hurt." I gasp at his frustration in his voice... His mother was hurt by people...

"By who?" I question angrily.

"The Black Eagles." He states with aggression. Silence overcomes our conversation again.

"I'm sorry Diego." I try and show the reassurance in my voice but no one will feel great after finding pictures of their mother being hurt by other people.

The conversation doesn't go on for long, Diego was saying he has other work to do, which I doubt he has...He's just avoiding me.

I walk away from the garden and notice my exhausted mother on the sofa, sound asleep with her head resting on the pillow, I gather a blanket and put it over her. As soon as I leave her a knock appears at the door, I walk over slowly and quietly and then open it.

"Hey Alice." I say and mesmerise her looks. Her brown hair is slicked into a bun and her brown eyes look at mine with confusion to why I haven't let her in yet.

"Sorry." I apologise and make room for Alice to come in, she follows me to my room where she gently places herself on my bed and sighs.

"Everything okay?" I ask and raise my brow, she nods and stares at me.

"We haven't seen each other in a while, I thought it would be nice to see you again, but I'm assuming this is a bad time? The house is empty and your mum is asleep on the sofa." She smiles at me and I shake my head, of course this isn't a bad time, why would she think that?

"No." I say and get a knock on my bedroom door, my mind travels to Lia, who I completely forget is still in our house.

I run to the door and open it wide, guilt hits me as I see her, her smile reassures me but doesn't make me feel any better, her hair is curled and her eye lids have some eyeshadow placed on them perfectly, bringing out her brown eyes, her eyes remind me of Diego. His eyes are so brown and sparkly, I notice that Lia's eyes are more of a chocolate colour than Diego's.

"Hey Lia, are you okay?" I ask her and give her a smile, where she smiles back and nods her head.

"Have you heard from Diego today?" She asks and I nod, answering her question shortly but then answering with a larger reply.