ೃ⁀➷ 𝟒. 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

Evangeline stared out the window, her brown locks gently cascading down her shoulders

Evangeline stared out the window, her brown locks gently cascading down her shoulders. The cool breeze fanned her face and her mind drifted off, thinking of him. A whole day had passed since the whole thing yet the young girl couldn't seem to get over it.

She loved the way he had talked to her, making her feel so special while doing imaginable things with her. The clock chimed 9 as the school bells began ringing. Evangeline turned away from the window and gazed at herself in the mirror, dressed in jeans and a red crop top.

A small smile formed on her lips as she walked down the hallways, walking to her biology class. Although she wasn't the smartest at science, she absolutely loved learning about life and the world beyond her. She took a seat at the back of the room and enjoyed the view from the window, oblivious to the girl who sat next to her.

Mia watched her classmate quietly, noticing how her lips pouted so frequently at the smallest things; how her hazel eyes glistened and the little beauty spot under her left eye.

The naïve girl felt a pair of familiar eyes and turned to find Mia smiling warmly at her. She blushed, mumbling a small "hi,' and looked up at the board but Mia pushed against her shoulder. "Do you have an allergy?" Mia asked, inspecting the side of Evangeline's neck.

Eva looked at Mia, confused, "N-no, why?" she asked, a puzzled look coating her face. Mia ran her index finger down her neck, cocking her head to the side. "You have like, red marks, or maybe rashes on your neck?"

Evangeline blushed, fiddling with her fingers as the scenes from yesterday played in her mind. "Oh... Um, yeah. I'm not sure why they're there.." she whsipered, earning a nod from Mia.

A few minutes had passed and Evangeline was bored out of her mind, losing more and more interest as the old substitute teacher went on and on about his life. She glanced towards Mia and took a peak at what she was watching on her phone. Her face lit up, watching the short clip.

"Are they yours?! They're adorable!" she squealed, her eyes glued to Mia's screen. The dark skinned beauty nodded, then chirped out, "They're my babies," she giggled, "They're at home with my parents. The one that bit my father's nose is called Flash!" she laughed, pointing at the tabby cat with bright yellow eyes. Evangeline nodded, as Mia carried out, scrolling through her photo album before stopping at a picture of a little black kitten, "That's Nyla, she's a shy baby. We found her in a park," Mia said, passing her phone to the happy girl beside her.

Evangeline had a bright smile on her face, admiring the cutest cat she's ever seen on the phone. Mia chuckled at the girl's love for cats, making a note on her mind as the bells rang. They waved to eachother, Eva missing Mia's comfortable presence almost instantly.

~~~~~~♡~~~~~~

Evangeline almost ran out of her Literature class, frowning at the teacher's words. She didn't want to be Nathan's partner! The girl loved writing stories, letting her imagination go wild, and she knew too well Nathan would tease her with every idea she had for the play they had to come up with.

Her arms gently grabbed at the cheese sandwich from her backpack and she sat down under a large tree, shading her from the beaming sunlight. Her stomach rumbled and Evangeline let out a light giggle before munching into the sandwich.

She dusted off her jeans from any crumbs and poked the apple juice box with the straw when she heard a shuffle from beside her. Placing the straw between her lips, she sucked gently, seeing Nathan open a can of Redbull.

Nathan watched her and chuckled, "Apple juice, seriously? You're not 5, Hartz," he laughed even harder.
Evangeline rolled her eyes, something she learnt from Elizabeth and moved away from him. The boy turned to look at her, "You know, for the project, I'd rather get it done as soon as possible." Eva nodded, listening to his words, "We can figure out what we're gonna do at my house after school?" He questioned as Eva raised her eyebrow.

"You don't stay in dorms?" she asked. He shook his head no, making a disgusted face. "Fuck no, they're disgusting." Evangeline looked down, murmuring "You said a bad word." Nathan chuckled, shaking his head and stood up. "My bad, but yeah, my house after school. You know what my car looks like," he winked, walking towards the football.

~~~~~~♡~~~~~~

Evangeline walked out of her algebra class, jumping when she felt a sudden tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Lufer grinning at her. Lufer was in the soccer team and sat behind her.

Eva stared blankly at him and waited for him to say something. Lufer handed her a piece of gum, trying to speak but errupted in laughs everytime he tried. She bit her bottom lip, about to walk away to her dorm but he grabbed her arm.

"Sorry, anyways," he began, trying to stop laughing, "I just wanted to give you some gum. It's mint flavored," he dropped the packet in her hand. Evangeline looked at it, skeptical. He noticed her confusion, "Oh, I noticed you didn't brush your teeth this mor-"

Eva watched as one of his friends dragged him away, calling out Lufer for talking to a weirdo. She wiped the tears that built up in her eyes, and popped the piece of gum in her mouth, trying to rub off the white powder residue that laced her fingers off her. Not thinking the slightest of it.

Her mind went wild as she kept telling herself she did brush her teeth this morning and that Luther was just being mean to her. Spitting the gum into a nearby trashcan, Evangeline questioned the mint flavor and weird sweetness in her mouth. Her arms tried grabbing anything it could as the young girl girl felt a strange feeling up her chest.

She stumbled around, leaning against the wall feeling as though every organ in her body had fell to the floor. Her legs moved her outside trying to get any sort of coldness to cool off her body. The only thing she could make out at that moment of time was her in the parking lots, hearing her own cries and heart racing. Her eyelids were heavy and she felt her body grow weak, she let out a last cry, falling into somebody's arms.

i appreciate all votes and comments <3