•𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿•

•💧•

Nikki's POV, September 4th 1989

Waking up not being alone for the first time in forever felt the best kind of weird, knowing it was Vince though made it even better. I missed waking up next to him more than I ever thought I could.

When I woke up I found Vince sat up flicking through the latest edition of 'Rolling Stone' magazine, I already read most of it, I had a copy of it to at home which I'd been reading yesterday before I came over here to sort everything out.

I sat and watched him for a short while as he hadn't noticed the fact I was awake yet, eventually though I though it best to alert the man to the fact I was conscious but before I said a word I actually had to just pinch myself to make sure this is real, to make sure Vince is actually sat next to me right now.

When nothing happened, I was fully convinced this wasn't some dream or lonely hallucination. Last night really happened and this morning was as real as anything... a smile spread on my face at that.

"Er-... hey" I mutter quietly which alerts the man to the fact I'm awake immediately, Vince looks over at me and smiles placing the magazine he had in his hands back onto the bedside table where he'd presumably got it from in the first place.

"Hey" he replied, meeting my eyes- it was now an awkward silence passed over us... it was me making it awkward and I'll admit that, I just didn't know what to say to him, after everything that I did I don't know if a casual conversation is something Vince wants to have.

The quiet continued and we kept staring at one another the atmosphere getting more awkward as time went on, Vince expected me to say something, anything in response to him but I couldn't think of words which were suitable.

Mercifully, after figuring out I needed a hand in talking Vince ended out breaking the silence with a little smirk "Are you gonna actually say something or stare at me like a creep?"

"Shit, sorry" I mumble moving my gaze away from the man as he chuckled lightly.

"Nah, it's okay..."

I sighed and shift my eyes back to Vin's brown orbs hesitantly "Is it? Is it really?"

"Yeah, it is" Vince smiled softly knowing from the look in my eye I wasn't referring to the fact I'd been staring at him, instead I was referring to us.

"You know I don't believe you, right?"

He nodded "Yeah, I know... look, to try and make this less awkward I need to say that I'm sorry... I'm sorry I pushed myself away from you, I know I hurt you... I just wanted you to feel like I did but... I guess you did anyway, I was just being a low piece of shit"

"I deserved it... don't apologize cause what I did was wrong, I don't want you trying to justify what I did, I'm in the wrong here... I broke your heart- how you reacted was justified but you have to know it destroyed me to break up with you, I didn't think I was going to but then I just found myself doing it... I don't know why Doc got to me... all I know is that he did and caused me to make the biggest mistake of my life"

The blonde shrugs "I get it, Nik... you don't have to explain. Doc's a cunt, we all know that, like you said yesterday... he's gone now, he can't stop us from being together anymore"