•𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱•

A/N: This chapter involves the Moscow peace festival in '89. There's a timeline inconsistency in this chapter and it's here on purpose, it concerns Doc and drugs in November 1982, he basically got convicted of drug smuggling, so in this book we're just gonna say he was still doing it in '89. So, please don't come at me for the minor inconsistency, it's intentional :)

Also, the actual event of the peace festival is also changed, a lot of beef went down at this event and I'm changing it around a little to better fit the plot, it's not drastically different but it's different enough.

That's all, enjoy! ❤️

•💧•

Nikki's POV, 12th August 1989

We were in Russia, being forced to play a show we weren't really that assed about... as I mentioned before the only reason we were doing this was because if was Doc who helped organise it and Doc who asked us to go, we wanted to play the actual event we just didn't want to deal with the asshole we called a manager.

None of us liked Doc, I don't think we've ever loved him but we basically hate him right now- Tom and Mick don't like him for the same reasons Vince and I don't. He controlled us too much, he thinks he knows what's best, he thinks that what he says is the shit- he basically thinks he knows our lives better than we do and it was getting to all of us, mainly since all the shit that happened with Vin and I.

I wanted to fire him for his blatant manipulation, of me in particular, but I couldn't... or maybe I could... Doc's not exactly innocent himself. I know shit about him... hmmm. It's a thought.

Getting here was a drag though, Doc bitched at us as per usual about timings and don't even get me started on his preaching for us to not fuck up the show for him by getting into any fights with other bands.

Honestly though, the plane ride here to Russia yesterday was a million kinds of bullshit. It sucked because we were sober but apparently nobody else on the plane gave a fuck and were all happily passing about alcohol and drugs. Doc knows we're sober... couldn't he have gotten us a different plane?

Oh no, I forgot... that costs money doesn't it? Doc wouldn't want to waste the precious few grand it would cost him to get us a separate plane. Dickhead.

Vince sat with Mick ended out in the row of seats across and a couple down from where Tom and I were sat on the plane- they both managed to fall asleep to avoid the temptation of the substances around us, T-Bone and I on the other hand had to sit there and try to distract ourselves by reading a few music magazines we'd brought with us, sharing our opinions on the different musicians on each page.

We got interrupted few times by Sebastian Bach and both Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora came over and tried to talk to us but we kinda just gave them a hello and told them to kindly fuck off as they were pretty wasted, overall we got through the plane ride unscathed, not a drop of alcohol or any kind of drug came near us.

The second the plane landed though you can guarantee Mick, Vince, Tommy and I were the first to get off. We stuck to each other like glue, knowing that we all want the same thing... to stay away from the temptations on the plane.

Vince was ignoring me though, he hadn't even glanced at me since we got on the plane, the most we'd said to one another in the last few weeks was about 5 words when we had tour meetings and Vin had no other choice other than to talk to me.