•𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱•

A/N: Flashbacks in italics.

•💧•

Vince's POV, 2nd September 1989

Shit's not been going well.... that's nothing new, everything's sucked for months- I'm basically being harassed by Mick. Mick's been ringing pretty much non stop for a couple of weeks, ever since we got back from Russia but I ignore them all, he's even turned up on my doorstep a few times but I've ignored him then too. All I want is to be left alone so I can just continue to wallow in my heartbreak.

I get he was concerned about me as I'm still not myself but I just don't want to talk to anyone, I have been talking to Tommy more though- I think Mick's just peeved because I'm talking to Tommy and not him- I hear he's still been grilling Nikki though so he is involved just not on my side of the argument.

My drinking was starting to become a concern again, not to the point it was before but it's becoming an every-other day thing now, it just helps stop me driving my myself insane with the reasons why Nikki left me.

I was sober today though but probably wouldn't be tomorrow because the haziness from yesterday's tequila binge was wearing off now and my brain was once again asking what I did wrong to make Nikki do this to me.

Nikki being engaged to that Brandi bitch doesn't help me either... how do you think I felt when the man I love, who told me all manor of shit over the course of our 5 year relationship, stuff like that he'd never want to be with anyone but me or that he couldn't live without waking up next to me everyday suddenly then gets engaged to a playboy model who look like the biggest cunt the worlds ever known, I go on about it, I know but it fucking hurt.

Let me tell you how I felt, I felt like throwing myself off my balcony.

It had been just over a month... a month between breaking up with me and getting with Brandi and of course as I found out about them, I also found out about their engagement- he'd already committed his life to someone else while I was then and still am now stuck here hung up on his pathetic ass like a lovesick puppy dog.

I really did mean nothing to him and this all but confirmed it to me, a part of me still fights that and thinks more rationally but I'm so fucking hurt by Nikki that it's almost easier to think he never loved me in some sick twisted way.

I wanted him back so badly, I just wanted the last year to be a really fucked up dream so I can wake up back in Nikki's arms where I belong.

I belong with Nikki not Brandi.

Why are they even getting married? Had-... had he been cheating on me? No-... I don't even want to think about that... that'll make me feel even worse and I can't afford to feel any shittier.

Something must have been going on though.

The couch had become my favourite place to stay, I haven't moved all day and I couldn't give less of a shit if I tried- I didn't feel like doing anything so I'm not, simple as that.

Until there was a knock at my door disrupting my day, I rolled my eyes and ran a hand through my hair sighing.

Fucking great, can't I get any peace anymore?

Slowly after a few seconds of debating opening the door I decide it's best to actually open the door to prove that I'm still alive and began dragging myself off the couch and towards the front door where the knocks sounded again way more aggressive than they were the first time "Shut the fuck up already, I heard you the first time!" I shout as I approached the door.