Chapter T w e n t y

The rest of that day was spent with each other and his family. I woke up around 9:30am the next morning. Tommy wasn't beside me anymore, did he go back to his own bed? I walked up to his room and he wasn't there, I was pretty tired so I was slow enough. I get dressed into a skirt and a sweater with a white blouse underneath. I walk down the stairs and see a sobbing Tommy, with Michelle crying into his shoulder. Jake had his face in his hands. Michelle must have heard me come in because she looked up and saw the confused look on my face. I noticed they were crying, my eyes didn't focus properly the first time. She nudges Tommy and he looks up, I meet his blue eyes. He walks up to me and hugs me, crying into my shoulder. "Tommy, what's going on? I just woke up I have no clue.." I say, with a hint of sleepiness in my tone. "S-She's gone y/n.." he stutters out. I rub his back. "Who's gone?" I ask, softly. "Betty.." he says before crying into my shoulder again. My heart shattered, he loved Betty to bits. I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying, I sit up on the counter and pull Tommy over to me. I let him cry into my shoulder and I run my fingers through his soft hair as he does so. "Sh, sh, sh, your okay..I got you," I whisper into his ear, I hear his heavy breathing starting to slow. He hugs me and I lift his head to look at me. At this stage I had started crying too, not as hard as Tommy but just seeing him upset made me feel horrible. I wipe his eyes with the back of my right hand, he gives me a sad smile. "I understand how hard it is for you okay? I'll try not to get in your way too much for a few days, I'll go home if you like, it's hard losing a pet. I know because I've felt like this, someone so close...just fading away.." I say, I was biting my lip again. "Don't go..your the only thing giving me happiness," he says to me. I smile weakly and it fades quickly, the memories of my father came back and as much as I tried to push them away, they were there. Tommy was sniffling now. "It's good to see you've calmed down, if you ever need someone to cry on, I'd sit there for hours just for you to be okay, alright?" I say, reassuring him I would always be there. "Oh my good god, how I love you y/n," he says, with a smile that looked genuinely happy. "Good, i try my best, your deserve it all," I say running my hand through his hair. He hugged me, picking me up by the waist and I wrap my legs around his waist. He takes me upstairs and he lays on my chest as he sets me down. "Are you alright now?" I ask. "It hurts, a lot, but I trust you because I know you've went through something far worse than losing a dog, and yeah, I think I'm alright, I guess you could say I cried my eyes out down there," he says. I kiss the top of his head. He turns around to me and says "you know, I never wanna be without you y/n.". "You don't have to be!" I reassure him. He smiles and we both chill out for awhile.

A/N
My eyes are having trouble focusing because I'm so tired, I'll update again tmrrw <3