Chapter S e v e n t e e n

I was sitting beside Tommy on the sofa. We were having a conversation about streaming and stuff, I reach for his hand and he intertwined our fingers. "How about we prank my grandparents into thinking we are just friends, but then you'll kiss me on the lips and we can carry on teasing from there?" He suggests.

"yesss that sounds fun, but if they get mad I'm blaming it on you." I say with a smile. "No problem. I'm not gonna let them yell at you, even though you would probably laugh anyway," he says smiling, and i giggle at how well he knew me.

He kisses my forehead and he gets up to tell his parents the plan, so they wouldn't spoil it. He sits back down close to me and I rest my head on his shoulder. We hear a knock at the door and move away from the other so we don't look suspicious. His grandparents hadn't heard about me apparently. So I was new to them.

They walk in and lock their eyes on me, before sitting down on the sofa opposite. "Why hello there Tom! Who's this girl?" His granny asks. "This is y/n, she's my best friend." He replies. I don't know why, but the word 'friend' stung. I know it's acting but still.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I say politely. "Awh you're a lovely girl, i'm anne," His granny says, introducing herself to me. I smile and turn to Tommy and look at him, as if to show I liked him to them. He knew what I was doing, so he didn't look at me.

I let a soft layer of blush fill my cheeks before looking away. He started a conversation with his grandparents while I excused myself to the kitchen to grab a drink. I come back in and I sit very close to Tommy, our legs touching. I could tell his grandparents were getting suspicious, especially his grandpa.

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes for a minute before opening them. Tommy wraps an arm around my waist and keep me close. His grandpa looked almost angry at me, his granny however, was smiling at us. I look to Tommy and he nods slightly, only enough for me to see. I press my lips against his and he pulls away after a few seconds, his grandpa looked fuming now.

It was kinda scary, he was still watching my every move. I crawl my hand up to Tommy's and he takes it. "that's it! who do you think you are doing that to my grandson you filthy little
girl!" His grandpa yelled at me. Tommy stood up infront of me and said "leave her alone!". "She just kissed you?! Are gonna let that slide?" He says angrily, glaring at his grandson.

I wasn't near tears I just felt hurt and upset. "If you took the fucking prank the right way we would have revealed we were dating!" Tommy says, protecting me. I couldn't take the yelling so I walked off to the kitchen. His granny follows me in and said "I'm so sorry for my husband love, he has quite the anger issues,". She hugs me, and I hug back.

"I'm happy for you and my grandson, you're really cute together," I pull away and give her a smile. "thank you anne," i thank her for being so sweet. Tommy walks in and scans the kitchen for me before landing his eyes on me and his granny who was actually nice to me. I looked up and smiled at him. He comes over and hugs me. "Y/n I'm so sorry about him.. don't listen to him okay? He's calmed down now but.." I give him a warm smile and he stops talking to smile with me and his granny. "you treat her well now thomas, she's a good one," his gran nods at him and he nods too, before looking to me.

I walk behind him into the living room, I stay hiding behind him and he sticks his hand out so I take it. "I'm so sorry y/n, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that, but did he let you touch him like that?" His grandpa asked me. "yeah.. isn't that normal?" I say, as i was uncomfortable again and trying to resist the urge of just throwing a cushion to this mans face.

His grandpa didn't seem sold on our relationship. Tommy leaned down and kissed my lips, leaving me flustered. "I'm gonna go upstairs," I say, squeezing tom's hand. "Okay, I'll be up soon! i love you!" Tommy says after me. "i love you too!" I say back.

-Tommy POV-

"What the hell grandpa?" I say, quite annoyed he made y/n uncomfortable. "What?!" He says, getting defensive. "You snapped at her completely! Could you just let me live my life? I finally get a girlfriend who i'm in love with, just like you've been bothering me about all these years, and the first impression you make of yourself is to snap at her? She is struggling with family life right now, that is the last thing she wants!" I say, getting overprotective of my girlfriend.

"Awh what? Her mums got the flu? That's not family problems Thomas!!" He says loudly. "No! You know what? Her dad is gone. He died. And her mum is struggling with money, she streams like I do, but all her money goes to her mum. So I'm giving her all the love she deserves and needs. So maybe, don't just yell at her for kissing me? Did I push her away? No. So maybe next time actually think before you speak!" I say, not holding it back as i'm not gonna let anyone walk all over y/n.

"Oh my god! The poor dear!" My granny says, at least she liked y/n. My grandpa stopped talking after I said that to him. I run up the stairs to find y/n. I see her in the upstairs bathroom, her hands are on either side of the sink.

"am i doing something wrong? why do people just not like me? i try to hide it but the jokes can only go so far," She whispers, her head down. My heart shattered at hearing my girlfriend down talking herself. "No y/n love, you are a perfectly loveable person. some people cannot handle that they aren't so they just take it out on you, i'm so sorry y/n." I say, tilting her head up to face me, she had been crying, her mascara was running down her face.

I kiss her lips gently before pulling away. She looks into my blue eyes, I look into her e/c eyes too. I wrap my arms on her lower back and hers come around my neck. "I've got you, you're alright. Sh Sh sh.." I say, calming her down.

A/N
Sad chapter bc y not??