25 (Crazy mind)

When Jungkook knelt in his position for the race, his mind started to go crazy. With all the past memories running in his brain making him emotional. He remembered this very first race two years ago, where he ran along with his best friend, Kim Hoseok.

The race where he got rejected and Hoseok got selected. He remembered how he was jumping in joy by celebrating his best friend's success. He took it as his own success by seeing Hoseok winning the competition.

With the sound of the whistle, when he opened his eyes all he could see was an empty track. An empty ground and he was running along with Hoseok and no one else. The sunshine smile that played on Hoseok's face was beautiful and Jungkook could see himself smiling while running with Hoseok casually.

The small nudges from his best friend and little teasing made him giggle together with Hoseok. Jungkook visualized himself with Hobi, and how they used to run in the very track every evening for finding who is the best.

He smiled by knowing every time how Hoseok used to come in the second place to make him happy. An unknown tears formed in his eyes, when his legs started to run without any destination. The hot sun shining brightly on his face went blind when his sunshine was with him.

Jungkook remembered how Hoseok broke down in the championship when they dragged him out of the stadium. His eyes locked with those hearty eyes which held precious tears. He knew what an angel Hoseok was. But they framed him for some fucker to win the championship.

He was reminded of the night, where Jungkook got a call from Taehyung saying Hoseok was dead. He cursed himself for not being there with his best friend. He trusted his words.

"I will be okay, Kook."

The last sentence that Hoseok spoke to him before going home. Those eyes lied to him but he could never analyze it. Because he blindly trusted it. What a fool he was!

Jungkook shook his head when he saw Hoseok disappearing from his sight. He remembered how he broke his things in his house the very night he heard about Hoseok's death. How he locked himself in the bathroom and cried for hours for his best friend's death.

How he wished to bring his sunshine back who locked himself in the dark. The bright smile faded slowly resulting with a frown. The face that was always lit up with happiness found to be disappearing before him.

Jungkook was shaking his head and trying to make Hoseok to stay with him. But the other simply gave that small smile and patted his shoulders.

"You can do it, Kook. Make proud of me." Hoseok whispered his ears and soon disappeared from his eyes. The empty ground that he was running was suddenly filled with the crowd. The track which he was running along with Hoseok, had few other people running with him.

"JUNGKOOK!!!!"

Jungkook's eyes widened when he came to realization that he was running in a race. He saw before him three boys running and panting heavily. His eyes locked with the destination point which was few meters away from him.

Now he had a reason to run. A reason to win. A reason to have a dream.

Jungkook's legs moved fast, and his hands and feet that were running lazily picked up the speed. The people who were advancing him where lagging behind him now. He could hear the crowd cheering his name loudly. But all his focus was on the finish line.

Within few seconds he put his foot on the line by gaining a whistle from someone. He ran after the finish line and found himself kneeling on the ground without bothering about his knees. Though the sand was burning on his knee, he looked up above the sky.

The sun that was shining brightly right at his face. He closed his eyes and finally breathed the fresh air after a long time. He closed his face with his hands and cried aloud. He let the tears fall freely without having an idea to stop.

"It's a record of completing 4oo meter race in 47 seconds. Congratulations Jeon Jungkook, you have been selected for National Championships of South Korea."

The man in the microphone announced after reading the Selection Committee's selected name.

Soon the crowd surrounded Jungkook and he was being lifted up by his school mates. He couldn't laugh or smile by the sweet gestures. He looked up above the sun and gave a flying kiss to his sunshine.

He finally laughed through his tears and shouted his heart out by finally completing his race.

Mr. Jeon who was in his edge of the seat jumped up and down by seeing his son getting selected for the Championship. He couldn't stop the tears that was falling from his eyes. He felt fucking proud by seeing his son achieving his dream.

"T-That's my son." Mr. Jeon whispered himself and felt happy by seeing his son laughing happily.

Kim Seokjin clutched his tshirt tightly by seeing Jungkook being congratulated by everyone. He tried to control his tears and giggled happily by seeing his student being happy.

A/N: Okay, to be honest I am not sure if I did my best here angels. I hope that I made you to visualize what I wanted to convey here.

Forbidden | Jinkook✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें