𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"K—Kenma

"K—Kenma.." Nothing seemed to be good and the only word that came out after Kenma blurted out was just the call of his name. (Y/N) noticed how everything around her was shifting shapes from good to something bad, like their friendship.

Who would've thought it'll go down to this? But both Kenma and (Y/N) are strong. Kenma wouldn't do all this if it's not for the girl he dearly cared for and her on the other hand, does she has a choice?

Seeing how her face dropped from confused to full of sorrow, Kenma pulled (Y/N) close to him as she buried her face in the crook of Kenma's neck. Soft and muffled sobs began to break the silence leaving Kenma with no other options but to comfort her with every power he has.

"Let them all out. I'm here, (Y/N)."

***

"KUROO! THE BOWL!"

The alerting call of his name made him jolted, spatula and bowls scattering all over the floor. What a mess. The floor was covered with flour and even eggs and to sum up, he made a huge mess in their kitchen.

"I uh— will clean that later." He answered to Akaashi who was alerting him about the mess he made. "So sorry, Akaashi."

"What in lord rice balls are you even trying to do? It's 3 in the fucking morning, Kuroo."

Akaashi was mad— hella mad with the mess. He did not expect Kuroo messing up with cooking but that was way out of his expectation since the day (Y/N) was "kidnapped". You could say that they're not coping well with the current loss of their beloved friend.

Kuroo sighed and kneeled down to pick all the utensils and bowls up from the floor, "You didn't forget about it, did you?"

"Of course not. But you could've just bought one instead of baking one."

Akaashi was not amused at his efforts at all, especially when he's trying to get enough sleep. "It wouldn't be special if I bought one. I want to ma—"

"Kuroo, no. Can't you just understand that she's gone? Fucking gone and that's your fault."

The male on the floor listened but refused to give a response as it will only cause a bigger problem among them. "Fuck this shit." Akaashi cursed out before walking away from him. Aware of Kuroo's suffering, Akaashi sighed and decided that it's best to ignore the problem.

"Let's restart, I guess? (Y/N) would lo-" 

It was about to be peaceful for Kuroo to begin his work when he was alarmed by the sound of the front door opened. He turned around only to be greeted with a very familiar figure who he missed damn well. "(Y/N), YOU'RE BACK."

Kuroo dropped all the things in his hand and rushed to give her a tight hug. The silence in the kitchen turned into a sharp ear-piercing mixed with sobbing reunion of two figures. One with tears trickling down from the corner of their eyes while the other kept their mask on, emotionless. She didn't move from where she's standing still, not even an attempt to comfort the taller figure whose sobs and cries echoed throughout the kitchen.

"Please forgive me, (Y/N). Just p-please.." Kuroo cried out, tightening the hug. Words aren't loud and sincere enough to express how he regretted everything from the very beginning of their friendship. Fuck the cake, he only needed your comfort at the moment.

"Kuroo, let me go."

"NO! I know, (Y/N). I KNOW DAMN WELL YOU'LL WALK OUT OF HERE AGAIN! Not a single day is a paradise for me, those days without you were hell for me." His cry volumed up with every words he managed to say despite the sobs blocking his throat from saying more. (Y/N) swallowed all the confession she heard. She wanted to cry along with him, but her ego is yanking her heart to back away.

"Today's meeting with her was great. I'll get married soon but why? Why do I keep longing for you to be my wife? I have Ayuzawa, but tell me why, (Y/N). Do you also long for me to stay with you?"

She slowly pushed Kuroo, breaking the hug but his grip around her was still as tight as a drum. Her shoulders drenched in tears and her shirts wrinkled from the grip but still, no sign of him letting go. "You will be fine without me. You might think the moment I walk out of this dorm, it's the end for you. But every end, comes a new start."

"No, please (Y/N). Please h-hear me out f-first!" He begged with him now on the ground, still grabbing onto (Y/N)'s sleeves.

"Kuroo. You know how much I love you and the others too. But what good is a friendship when pleasure of sex is what you expect everytime you see me? You know that too, right?" She spoke with her voice slightly cracked from the force of holding in the sobs.

She didn't want to cry in front of him after what Kenma told her. Kuroo's grip loosened as he sat there in total silence, recalling back what she just said to her. Part of him wanted to just pick her up and keep her for the night but the other part of him was still hazy. When she was about to step away from him, her eyes wandered around the messy kitchen. Floors and counters all covered with flour, melted butter spilled from its bowl and a small mountain of sugar climbed by an army of ants. What a storm.

"Let's move now." (Y/N) heard a soft but stern voice called out her name and when she turned around, Kenma was already down from her room with her bags of belongings. She nodded and proceeded to step away from the kitchen, leaving behind the mess and the guy whose face was a mess from the tears. 

"Like I said. Every end comes a new start. It could be us, but you found yours in Ayuzawa. This is goodbye then, Tetsurou." The dorm felt extremely empty tonight. Was it because of her absence from there? Was it the night breeze coming from her room where the window was always left ajar? Or was it his heart which was a place where she used to throned?

-END OF CHAPTER-