I looked in the direction of the door to see a brunette-haired boy standing in the doorway. I looked between Anna and him only to gasp loudly.

"Twins." I whispered.

"Yeah." the three siblings spoke simultaneously.

I grinned softly and the boy's eyes widened, "Wow, you're even more gorgeous up close and especially with that smile." he commented.

"Stop flirting with my fiancé." Darius snapped at him.

The boy, in turn, rolled his olive eyes and introduced himself, "I'm Alec, your future husband."

I laughed, throwing my head back on Darius' shoulder. The boy was too extra.

My laugh subsided as I felt Darius burning holes in the side of my head. My eyes travelled to his to find him gazing at me with an unknown emotion swirling in his eyes.

"They're taking you out for dress shopping today." he softly spoke.

"W-what?" I asked, suddenly feeling panic rise in my chest.

"My parents are throwing us an engagement party the day after tomorrow. So, they will accompany you to the mall." he explained nodding his head towards his twin siblings.

"Has anyone contacted you from my family?" I questioned in fear.

He only shook his head in response and my frown deepened.

Was Aegeus aware? If yes, was he just going to let it happen? What about father?

"Hey." he snapped his fingers in front of my face causing my attention to snap back to him.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Why can't you come?" I suddenly felt very insecure and unsafe just by the mere thought of stepping out of his property without him.

"The security will be with you, don't worry. And it's a family tradition. No man is to accompany their wife for dress shopping." he stated.

It did little to nothing to calm my nerves.

"We'll be right there with you. You're safe with us." Anna interjected.

I smiled gratefully at her but there was still this small part of me that wasn't ready to go out just yet.

"Your puking rainbows and shitting candies, bro." Alec spoke making Darius glare daggers at him.

Alec only chuckled in return and sent me a wink. I blushed hard and Darius wrapped his arms around me tightly staking his claim then and there.

"I shall take care of you, my princess." he teased one last time before dashing out of the room.

Darius cursed behind him and Anna also left the room.

I quickly turned in his hold and looked at him, "I don't feel safe going out there. My, my father, he... will be against the idea of this marriage between you and me. Honestly, I don't know how to feel. I haven't even talked to my best friend. And my brother, Lord, is he even aware of it? And what about Angelo? Is he ha-"

Darius cut my rambling short by placing a finger on my lips, "Sshh, calm down. Match your breathing with mine." he instructed.

I followed his command and soon enough my breathing evened out.

"Alright, listen to me, your father cannot do shit about this arrangement. I chose you and even he knows better than to go against me. Angelo is coming to see you at dinner tonight, yeah? And which brother are you talking about?" he asked, cupping my face with his hands.