[Chapter Twenty-Seven]

Start from the beginning

Rochelle’s hips are wider now and her breasts are larger and her stomach right now has more fat to it then she’s used to but that’s okay as long as she can be happy with it, no shame in being a new mom and new mom’s don’t need society’s added pressure after making a baby and going through labor.

“Alright, let’s go.” She said and her spirits seemed a little higher now thankfully.

We took the girls down and they knew how to swim but Monica made a strict rule that they were to stay in the shallow end and even though she was engaging in conversation with us in the hot tub she watched them like a hawk out of the corner of her eye, it was kind of scary.

“So you ready?” Monica asked me and I nodded

“Both to be his wife and for this shit to be done, planning a wedding sucks.” I groaned and Monica smiled and nodded

“It does but I’m jealous, I want another one.” She sighed

“Thinking about a divorce?” Rochelle joked and Monica splashed her with water.

“Of course not but renewing our vows for our ten year wouldn’t be a bad thing.” Monica shrugged with a smile, saw that one coming and there was nothing wrong with it though it was weird to think that Lina and Mia were nearing ten and they were thinking about their ten year anniversary when Rochelle and I were just not getting married and starting a family.

“No it wouldn’t.” I agreed

“I don’t know if Riley would go for it though.” She said sadly

“Why not?” Trista asked

“Miguel and Maria were there and I don’t think he wants to mess with those memories.” She said and the familiar pain in my chest appeared when anyone mentioned my parents but I pushed it away.

“I’m getting married without them and we have to accept that they’re not coming back and we can’t stop living our lives because they were taken from us too soon.” I told her “I’ll talk to him about it once we get through all this stuff first.” I think Monica deserves to have this.

They were young before and they deserve a wedding with real friends and after everything Riley’s put her through these years, especially with his drinking problem, renewing their vows wouldn’t be a bad idea, letting her know that he loves her and appreciates what she put up with. She’s a fantastic wife and went through enough in the last ten years to break a marriage but theirs was still strong.

“Well right now it’s Brylee’s turn and we’re going to focus on the bride.” Trista said and I smiled at her.

“It’s alright.”

“No she’s right, I’ll have my turn and Monica will get hers but right now this is all about you Brylee, after all you’ve done for us you deserve all the attention on you even more.” Rochelle leaned her head on my shoulder and Monica did the same on my other side.

“We love you.” they said in unison and I laughed at them before Trista splashed us all with water making us cough and shoot her a dirty look to which she smiled sweetly.

“Cause baby I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.” She sang off key and we all couldn’t help but laugh, why do her songs have to be so catchy?

“Lina.” Monica yelled and then turned to face her and she stepped away from the deep end and went back to the shallow, scary.

After the pool we all showered and later that night when the kids were tucked in bed Monica and Rochelle asked to steal me away and Trista went to go spend time with Linda. I didn’t like where this was headed.