Chapter 7

In a rainy place called Fawcett City, people started to hear and see the president's words of what was happening on the other side of the city. "Our world is in a violent transition of great change. I know the number of human lives lost due to the actions of Supergirl and the Prince of Daxam is beyond comprehension. Like many of you, I held out hope that the super-humans of the world would gather together and put a stop to the conflict between Daxamites and the DEO and the Kryptonian. But that hope was misplaced. Those with super-powers have failed to organize in any meaningful way," Inside a small apartment, two people were looking at the new like everyone else.

"Laurel, what do we do?"

"What do we do? We don't do anything, Tommy! I don't care what happens now! After the death of Sara, I don't even care about anything! We got this stupid powers and I don't even know why we started fighting crime!"

"We have powers that maybe the Gods have,"

"Remember last time you met Supergirl, Merlin? I remember! You almost died,"

"My fellow Americans, we can no longer stand by and wait for anyone to save us. We're going to fight this war ourselves,"

Back in Metropolis, the three heroes were fighting the security wards like there was no tomorrow. "This security force is armed with weapons designed to take out that metahuman who left us high and dry," Thea started while fighting some of them either hand to hand or with her bow.

"Firestorm will come back. They have to," Flash said in between his fights and taking the guns of the officers.

"Whoever you think "Firestorm" is, Flash, he's not. He flew away like a frightened child," he answered the speedster.

"Felicity just needs a few more seconds to break into their system and she can shut their suits down," he said with his comms open so he can hear Felicity and when she's done with everything.

"No need, Diggle, I can disarm them quicker than-" before he could finish he was shot with a laser.

"We have clearance to use lethal force so use it!" The soldier who shot Barry said. Before they could attack there was an explosion behind the soldiers, making some of them knocked out.

"Explosion? Do you have an explosion arrow, Speedy?"

"It's not me," she said. Then more fire started to appear and the soldiers started to get out of the place.

"What's happening?"

"Sorry if anyone got caught in the fire, huh fire. My name's Mick Rory, but my top secret code name is Heat Wave. Anyone want some beer? I bought extra," the guy called Mick Rory who was burning another soldier who was slowly waking up.

"Your uniform's nice, it's so... red. Thanks to that I'll call you red."

"Uh... Thanks?"

"Great. Heat Wave save the day. He's a certifiable as everyone in that Gotham Asylum,"

"He's not crazy, Speedy. He's just not used to being around people," she scoffed and answered. "And I'm not used to Heat Wave coincidentally showing up out of the blue,"

"What are you doing here, Mr. Rory," Thea asked. "Well I, uh... I've been following Diggle around,"

"What?" he asked, surprised that even Felicity didn't even know. "Don't get mad! After you got everyone together in Gotham and no one wanted to put a stop to the war I... I couldn't understand it. Things are bad out there. People are getting hurt. We should help and... No one asked me to join a team before," the four of them started to walk away from the scene, Heatwave with Diggle, and Flash with Speedy.