Chapter 6

The Flash took Speedy to the place where Felicity and Spartan sent them, the place looks futuristic, but it was thanks to the explosion that happened years ago.

"I never thought of Metropolis... well New Metropolis was on my Earth..." he said looking around the place where once it didn't exist.

"I still don't understand what you're saying about your Earth," Speedy said at the place where they were supposed to meet Spartan.

"If you don't understand my past explanation you're not going to understand this one," he said, crossing his arms. Some seconds passed and Spartan hadn't arrived.

"And I was the one who's always late..." Barry muttered.

"He's here, I don't know why, but he always wants to make sure we're alone. Right Spartan?" Thea said, crossing her arms and waiting for the vigilante.

"The war leaves you scars... And with those scars, it teaches you things. And what I understood was to never trust a new "ally," and that's you..." he said appearing from the shadows.

"The Flash," He said, extending his arm to greet him, which he accepted.

"Enough of the greetings, where's the place of the project F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M?" Speedy asks.

"Overwatch, blueprints," he said, touching his ear to communicate with his friend. And in just one second the small blueprints appeared from one of his gauntlets.

"We've downloaded the schematics of the project: F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. It's a multi-level facility two miles underground,"

"So we need to go down the sewers?" Thea asked.

"Yes,"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go," Flash said

Minutes later they arrived at the exact place where no one could see them and they're able to enter without a problem. The three had been walking a few minutes underground when something beeped on the map of Spartan.

"I heard there are three subjects," Speedy asked, looking at her arrows.

"Yes, by the looks of it the explosion affected three people, but this place is made to research the three subjects," he answered, then curious the Flash asked

"What kind of security are we talking about?"

"The kind we want to avoid. Overwatch, I'm going to turn off the signal if we don't want to be found, I'll open it when we're out," Spartan said, closing the map and breaking a fragile metal wall, where some ropes are hanging, motioning they had arrived at the right place.

"Okay, but before you go, here are the codes of the entrance," She answered when he received a beep on his gauntlet.

"Thanks, see you soon," he said before turning off the comms and the three grabbed the ropes so they could go down. After some seconds they arrive at the entrance.

"The gauntlet has motion sensors and security cameras, but the loop won't go unnoticed for long," Diggle said, opening the door, and the three ran to a hallway so they could enter the lab.

"There's a skeleton crew working late at night. So we should be able to move through the halls fairly freely. Speedy, I Don't know what changed your mind or why... but thank you," he continued while they were almost at the entrance of the lab.

"With you on board, everyone else will be too. We can save the world from war. And I'll finally make my wife and brother proud," after he said that. Barry look at her, who was just focused on finding this "explosive guy"

"We're getting close," Diggle said, entering the small lab. As they were getting near that place, the Flash saw another lab that had a window, showing a human skeleton saying "Subject 2" and in the human skeleton there was a small piece of paper that had the name of "Jefferson Jackson"

"Jax... my God..."

"A human skeleton?" Speedy barely saw since she was trying to catch Diggle up. After Barry saw the skeleton of Jax he continued to catch up with Diggle and Speedy, but he started to blame himself knowing that he just killed a great friend of his... After some time they arrived. They hide beside the door so the guards can't find him.

"Night watch. Coated in etomidate. General Anesthetic. My choice," Speedy said while aiming with two arrows so she could kill two birds in one shoot. But before the arrows meet the back of the soldiers. Barry knocked the two soldiers without killing them. Diggle and Speedy were surprised at how fast he made that. Then Diggle with the gauntlet started to hack the passcode. Finally, they were able to enter the big door. They were now amazed seeing a weak old man, and by the looks of it, he was so hungry.

"Professor Stein?" The Flash whispered, amazed that he was looking at Stein, instead of Ronnie or another younger person, since they told him the younger person is the one that is the body while the older one is the mind.

"This is one of the most powerful beings on the planet?" Speedy angrily asked. Suddenly, some alarms started to sound, the trio knew they had been caught. Diggle grabbed a gun that looked different than a normal gun.

"Cover your ears," He then used a gun that makes loud sounds like the black canary.

"That subsonic blast hurt him, Flash. I thought you said-"

"He... they haven't seen the light, they haven't eaten by the looks of it,"

"He's acting like he's never seen a human,"

"Hey!" Diggle yelled

"We've got company," he continued while some soldiers started to ask themselves why Speedy, Spartan, and the guy with a red suit were there and taking one of the most powerful humans out of the cell. Diggle once again used the subsonic gun to take the soldiers down.

"Are you sure about this, Allen? What if he kept imprisoned for a reason?" Thea asked while shooting some arrows at the soldiers

"I know him Thea, and I'm not going to let him die as I did to Jax. And I can say with all confidence that no matter where he was raised, they're good people,"

"Get General Adam on the line! Subject 1 and 3 are out! Repeat subjects one and three are out!" A soldier yelled, trying to help some colleagues.

"We're not here to hurt you, Professor Stein, and Ronnie. We're your friends. And we're going to get you out of here, okay?" Barry helped Stein to stand up. After some seconds the "subjects" answered

"Okay," After some time when they heard that, the four of them started to run, but they didn't find an exit, so Speedy had to use three explosive bombs to exit back to the sewer. While they were doing that shots were fired behind their backs. But with the help of Barry's speed, he stopped some bullets.

When they got out of the sewers, Professor Stein looked at the sun that started to shine in awe, he was in love with that since he hasn't watched anything like that for so long.

"Beautiful..." he whispered while slowly with his hands he created fire, making him able to levitate from the rocks

"My God... He's flying," Diggle said, surprised by what was happening. But as they were all amazed the security arrived

"General Lane wants Subject one and three alive. The others... shoot to kill!" As one of the soldiers yelled Professor Stein attacked with his hand shooting fire. Making that made the soldier yell in pain. Thea looked at the Professor and yelled. "What are you waiting for? Get them!"

But the next thing he did was fly away, scared of what he just did and what Thea was saying to them. The three of them look at their final hope to stop Supergirl and that Daxamite leaves flying away.

"There goes your big savior," Thea said to Barry

"So what now?" She asks the two of them since behind their backs were more than twenty soldiers aiming at the heroes.