Girlfriends

"No! Are you kidding me? Oh my god!" Hailee lifted up from their leaning position on the bed and laughed out loud, clapping her hands and leaning her head back in a way that Nikki could only describe as 'the most beautiful and cute sight with the most wonderful sound she ever had the pleasure to witness', the brunette nodding and laughing with the singer. They were cuddling on the bed, they just finished their dinner and were talking a little bit, still not knowing what to watch, not finding something interesting yet.

"Yup. I'm was a really clumsy person and I sometimes still am a really clumsy person. Getting in shape and going to the gym helped me a lot to gain balance, but I still get hurt from falling on the floor without an apparent reason from time to time." Nikki snickered, scrunching her nose up in a cute manner and Hailee couldn't help but bop it before kissing it. Nikki smiled at the sweet gesture and before Hailee could get too far away from her face, she sneaked her left hand around her neck and pushed her lips on hers, kissing her passionately, their bodies intertwining perfectly.

Hailee hummed into the kiss, pecking Nikki's lips and getting away from her, but not too much, just enough to look into her intoxicating green eyes, smiling sweetly at her, her left hand leaning on her chest, caressing the skin there, Nikki mirroring her smile with just as much fondness on her face.

"What?" Nikki asked, a shy smile forming on her lips, Hailee's gaze was so intense it made her insides squirm.

"Nothing. You're just beautiful." Nikki blushed furiously at Hailee's compliment, looking away from her eyes, too embarrassed to continue their staring contest, focusing on the movement of Hailee's hand on her chest.

"Hey, hey, no. Look at me. Let me see your breathtaking eyes." Hailee put her fingers under Nikki's chin to make her gaze up at her and when she did, Hailee felt her head getting dizzy from the intense look Nikki was giving her.

"Hailee." Nikki whined, leaning her head forward and brushing her nose into her cheek, Hailee smiling brightly at her cute sound of protest.

"What? I'm just stating the truth."

"You can't say those things and look at me with those marvelous eyes that make me feel warm and cozy and dizzy and make my head spin out of control."

"Why not?" Hailee had a smug little grin etched on her face.

"Because..." Nikki huffed slightly, pecking Hailee's lips to make her stop looking at her like that and distracting her, it was making her brain melt. "I want to say those things and make you blush."

"I can do the exact same thing, y'know?" Hailee's smile got bigger and her stomach was full of butterflies flying around. God, she's perfect.

"Yes, I'm aware. Thank you for enlightening me. It's just... ugh..." Nikki groaned and hid her face into Hailee's neck, who was giggling loudly, but pulled her closer with her arm around her back, caressing it up and down slowly. "I'm not used to being this embarrassed, it's been a while since someone told me those things. And..."

"And what?"

"And I know I have only Aaron to compare you to, but I feel like when you tell me these things, you mean them, like... really mean them." Nikki stared at the wall, her face squished into Hailee's chest, while melting into the singer's embrace.

Hailee patted Nikki's back to make her look at her, "hey, of course I mean them. How can I not? Nikki I mean everything we said today. And if you don't believe what I say, I'm gonna repeat them over and over until you do." Hailee stared Nikki down with a resolute and fond expression and Nikki felt her eyes sting with tears. "Don't start crying." Hailee warned her with a little smirk on her face, Nikki smiling slightly while fighting hard against the tears ready to fall, "if you do, I'm gonna cry too and this is a date. Our first official date. I don't want to see tears, I want to see that big smile that swoon me over every single time." Hailee finished with a charming smile, Nikki smiling brightly, her eyes starting to dry out. "There it is."