Is it too late to apologize?

A/N: HELLO PEOPLE! SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE DELAY, BUT WORK AND EXAMS ARE EXHAUSTING! BY THE WAY A NEW CHAPTER HERE! TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

THANK YOU FOR LIKING THIS STORY SO FAR AND FOR BEARING WITH ME! IT MEAS A LOT, YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH! 🥰

ENJOY!

SENDING LOVE.

-

Hailee woke up the next day to the sound of her alarm clock, she groaned while searching blindly with her arm her phone on her nightstand to make this annoying sound to stop, then sat up on the bed to stretch her arms and back and fell on the bed once again. Her headache was almost unbearable so she reluctantly got up and trudged to her bag to take a painkiller, put it in her mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water.

"Ugh." She groaned, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples, last night's argument still fresh in her mind. Her sharp words, Nikki's countering back with as much horrible words, her tears threatening to fall down, Nikki's blank face. Her stomach churned with anger remembering everything, wanting to avoid the girl at all costs, but she has duties and she is professional so she just had to act like nothing happened and to hate the girl in silence.

She went into the bathroom to take a well needed shower and stayed under the hot stream of water until she was running late for their panel and had little time to dress up quickly and do a simple make up. She opened the door and walked hastily towards the elevator, tapping her foot impatiently and leaping out of it when she arrived at the right floor and practically running into the lounge room where everyone was waiting for her. Except there was no one there.

"Where's everyone?" She muttered while exiting the room and walking over the elevator. The doors opened and she was face to face with Brie.

"Brie! Hi! It's so good to see you!"

Brie smiled sadly at her, "hi Hailee."

Hailee was a little taken aback from her friend's tone, "what are you doing here? I thought you were in New York?"

"I was. I got here around 3 a.m."

"What happened?" It was really strange, Brie was avoiding her gaze and was fidgeting on her spot, hands on the back pockets of her jeans.

"I can't exactly tell you that." Brie rubbed her neck awkwardly. Hailee simply raised her left eyebrow and gazed at Brie with a pointed stare. "Okay, it's about Nikki. Don't worry about it."

Hailee resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "is she okay?" She did the best worried tone she could muster and looked at Brie with fake concern.

"Well no. But she will be. She's asleep now." At that Hailee looked at Brie confused, the girl shook her head and grabbed her arm, taking her into the elevator, "okay, let's go into your room, I'll explain everything."

Hailee was still confused but nodded nonetheless and when the elevator's doors opened she guided Brie to her room, opening the door and letting her friend in.

"Okay, I have a couple of minutes before I had to run to grab a coffee and come back to Nikki's room."

"What happened? You're making me worry."

"Last night you two had a fight." When Hailee nodded, Brie added, "a pretty bad one."

"Yes, it's no big deal. We bicker all the time."

"It was more than bickering Hailee." Brie drawled with her right eyebrow up.

"I know." It was now Hailee who refused to meet Brie's hard stare. "We said things, okay? Pretty hurtful things. I don't know why she snapped at me for an Instagram photo! We were doing so well lately." Hailee rubbed her temples, her headache coming back in full force, it was starting to subdue thank to the painkiller.