"You love me." he replied in a 'duh' tone.

"I wish you hadn't watched all those bromantic movies. Now stop wasting my time and tell me why your annoying ass disturbed me?" I asked and made my way out of my home office.

"You're mean, Darry. Anyways, I called you to tell you that we're having dinner with the one and only Jon Ferrari at The Bistro in about an hour." he informed me.

I smirked as I took that information in and muttered a quick 'okay' before hanging up.

"Layla, I'm heading out. Be back at night." I shouted as I descended the stairs.

I heard her footsteps before I could see her come out of the kitchen with a disapproving look settled on her face.

"Where are you going, young man?" she asked sternly.

I sighed in annoyance before I replied, "Out with Jason."

"Don't use that tone on me. I will smack your butt with a spatula." she threatened.

I stalked towards her and towered over her short frame with a cocky smirk plastered on my lips.

"You were saying?" I mocked looking at her height that barely came to my chest.

Her eyes turned to slits and before I knew it, she smacked my ass with a wooden spoon she held in her hand.

My eyes widened slightly as she blew me a kiss and strutted back to the kitchen.

Wow.

Layla was a fifty-year-old woman who has been working for my family for nearly twenty years. She was like a mother to me.

I shook my head and walked out of the house. My limo was ready and Gérard, my driver, held the door open for me. There was an SUV filled with guards behind my car. I settled inside and he shut the door close.

"To The Bistro." I told Gérard who nodded once in return and ignited the engine.

The drive passed pretty quickly with me answering a few emails and going through a few documents and we reached there in no time.

It was a small hut-shaped restaurant made of dark wood from the outside. The guard opened the door for me and as soon as I walked inside, a feeling of being at home engulfed me. The interior of the restaurant was beautiful with dim lights and cream-colored walls. There were boards of paintings and quotations hanging on every wall along with small yellow-colored yarn ball lights and glass bottles wrapped in fairy lights hanging off the ceiling. It was truly beautiful and totally packed at this hour.

I spotted Jason who sat at a far end near a glass window facing a small lake. The brown tables were round and seats were made of plush cream-colored material. He stood up to greet me and we sat down afterward.

"When is he coming?" I asked while I opened the button of my navy blue suit jacket.

"Must be on his way. How is business?" he inquired.

"Great." I replied.

Before he could say anything further, a blonde waitress, dressed in a maroon-colored knee-length dress, came up to us.

"Hello, my name is Penelope and I will be your waitress tonight. What would you like for starters?" she chirped.

"You." Jason flirted.

I rolled my eyes with a small smirk as I looked at the now flustered girl.

"I'm sorry sir but I am certainly not on the menu. How about I bring you something to drink while you select from the options." she composedly replied.