Chapter 19

Carter slowly walked towards Brooklyn house turning his head backwards to me every once in a while.

I raised my eyebrow as he turned to me and ushered him forward.

Carter stopped at the doors of Brooklyn house, he opened the door, holding it for me. I entered Brooklyn house as was greeted by a rush of cool air. "Amos! Zia! Walt! Help!" Carter yelled as he drew his khopesh from the dust and swung the flat of the blade to my wrist causing Riptide to spin out of my hand.

I spun round to see a man wearing a suit along with glasses who threw a bunch of ribbon-like ropes at me. I ducked as the ribbons missed its target and unintentionally wrapped itself around Carter.

I dropped Sadie onto the floor and spun round to the man. I sent a blast of fire towards him as the man swiftly dodged it as the blast of fire collided with a giant statue of Thoth. The statue made a cracking sound before tumbling to the side smashing into another statue and another like dominos before finally all crashing onto the floor with a deafening crash.

Dust filled my lungs as rubble surrounded my feet. The entire living room of Brooklyn house had been decimated with rubble everywhere. I blinked my eyes to get rid of the dust. No longer seeing the man, I turned to Sadie who was slumped on the floor.

I picked her up by the collar and leaned her body against a large piece of rubble. I took out a piece of candy from my pocket and stuffed it down Sadie's throat. Unfortunately, I had no ambrosia or nectar left.

I adjusted my collar as the temperature rose. The situation was dire. The statue of Thoth had separated me and the man but I was trapped in an enclosed environment slowly losing oxygen with another unconscious person with me.

Finding a spare piece of papyrus on the floor, I reached for Riptide in my pocket which had already returned to me and uncapped it with the cover between my teeth. Scratching on the piece of Papyrus, I had drawn a square and divided it into 3 sections. 1 for Carter which was near the main door, 1 for the man who I figured to be either Walt or Amos as Carter had screamed their names and they were all male,  and finally 1 for Sadie an me.

I had to think this through like an Athena child. If I could get to Carter we would have enough man power to clear the rubble.

"Ha-Di!" I heard a voice yell as a wall of rubble was destroyed. I turned to the face of a sweaty Carter tied up by the the weird man ribbon-like ropes moving on the floor like a worm. Butt up, stretch and butt down and again.

I walked towards Carter careful to not step on any of the debris. I tried ti figure out the ropes when Carter spoke, "It won't work only Amos can untie it."

"Guess I was right the man was called Amos, I am amaZhang," I thought before quickly mentally chiding myself, "No time to for puns."

I nodded my head and sat on the ground, defeated. There was no way I could escape by myself, I can't shadow travel as I don't have enough strength after the fight. I stared at the ground in boredom and defeat.

Suddenly, an idea struck me. I took out a piece of candy and placed it into Carter's mouth. Carter was too weak to protest after he had just gotten beaten up in a fight and doing a powerful spell, and with that the magician had his memories back.

"Percy?" Carter asked his eyes wide.

I nodded, "I need your help, do you remember the time we faced against Setne and we combined Greek magic with Egyptian tl make it stronger? I need you to do it again, the spell you used Ha-Di it means destroy right?" I inferred cocking my head.

"Yes," Carter had a curios glint in his eyes.

"The word for Incinerate in Greek is αποτεφρώ. If we can combine those two words it might be enough to clear the rubble," I scratched the word αποτεφρώ on the piece of papyrus

Carter nodded getting gist, took the papyrus from my hand using his mouth and placed it on his left shoulder, "Ha-Di!" Carter cried out as the words on the papyrus glowed.