“We all?”

“Yea” she said scratching the back of her neck awkwardly “Andrew and your parents and of course myself”

“MY PARENTS??”

“Yea they think it will be great for you to go out and act like a normal teenager again”

“Those f***ing hypocrites. They were against me having a boyfriend but they have no problem sending me to a party with drunken teenagers”

“Don’t look at it like that please”

“Whatever you know I hate parties “

“Just because you didn’t get a personal invite doesn’t mean-“

“That’s not why“ I said cutting her off “Like I’ve said a million times they’re dumb I’d rather be in my bed watching netflix”

“But this isn’t like any ordinary dumb house party. You know that club downtown? This senior got her parents to book it out for a senior party. You know, celebrating us leaving this hell hole soon. Your never gonna get another opportunity like this. They don’t let teenagers into clubs everyday!”

“Actually they do if you’ve got a fake idea”

“Kayli please we gotta make a few more memories before we go”

“no thanks, not the kind of memories I want”

“Kayli please. You’re my best friend and I want you there I don’t have any other friends“ that was all it took to win me over. How could I say no when she pulled the ‘you’re my only friend’ card.

So at 8pm that night I found myself being pampered by mom and Abby. Andrew had taken it upon himself to situate his unwanted ass in the room and make smart ass comments about every little thing.

Like how weird I looked with setters in my hair and how all the make up in the world wouldn’t make me look any better so they were wasting their time.

Finally when my mom had had enough she threatened to slap him with the hot curling iron and he reluctantly retreated from the room.

“I brought a dress for Kayli to wear ” Abby announced when they were finally done with my hair and make up “I wasn’t sure that she’d have anything appropriate to wear since she hasn’t been to a real party before”

Abby went over to her bag then pulled out a leather body con dress with sheer sleeves  and a deep V-cut back. The dress looked pretty short and my mom was looking at it with clear disapproval in her eyes.

“I don’t think that is appropriate for a 17 year old to wear” she finally announced. This is why teenagers don’t let their parents help them get ready for parties!

“But this dress is so cute Mrs. Parker and I know it looks short but it isn’t that short. I spent like $35 buying it for Kayli to wear.” Abby pleaded

“You bought a dress for her to wear? I thought it was one of your dresses”

“No I just wanted my best friend to look good so I used my savings to get her something nice” she sighed dramatically then dropped it on her bag.

“I just hope my mom hasn’t thrown away the receipt or my month’s allowance would have been wasted“ she said loud enough for my mom to hear. I was fully familiar with Abby tactics.

More than likely she didn’t buy the dress for me, she probably still had the receipt, and her allowance was still sitting quite fine in her bank account.

My mom had however fallen for Abby’s trick and was starting feel bad.

“I guess just for tonight but Kayli has to wear tights under it and a jacket” she announced still looking unsure