𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚒'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚔𝚎

ابدأ من البداية

Seeing the test subject's brain shutting down, it made Anita crumble inside. She wiped a tears away and everyone seemed to noticed her crying. "Are you okay?" Jenner asked.

"Yeah." Anita sniffed as she wiped her tears. "I'm fine. Just lost a few people to that yesterday."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I know how devastating it is." Jenner said as Glenn went over to comfort her. Daryl looked over at Anita and wondered who it could have been that she lost.

Jenner told the computer to scan to the second event where it showed the brain restarting in only one area and he explained how it made the body resurrect. Anita couldn't imagine her family going through all this. They were probably muertos by now, if they hadn't been killed by any other survivors.

"You're saying there's nothing left anywhere, right?" Andrea asked and Jenner stayed quiet.

Knowing there is nothing left, it only makes me want to die that much more. None of us have anything to live for. What is the point of living? What is the point of looking over your shoulder every second of every day? There is no future. This is it.

"Man, I'm gonna get shit-faced drunk. Again." Daryl said.

"Dr Jenner, I know this has been taxing for you and I hate to ask one more question but that clock..." Dale said, pointing to a clock on the wall. "It's counting down. What happens at zero?"

"The basement generators....they run out of fuel." Jenner said.

"And then?" Rick asked but Jenner just walked away. "Vi, what happens when the power runs out?"

"When the power runs out, facility-wide decontamination will occur." Vi said.

----------

No-one knew what facility-wide decontamination meant so Rick, Shane and Glenn went to check it out and everyone else went back to their rooms. I still didn't know what was going on and I didn't get the chance to think about it because there was a knock on my door. When I opened it, I saw Daryl holding yet another bottle of alcohol. My brain instantly went back to the conversation we had the night before.

"Oh, hey." Anita said upon seeing the redneck.

"Yer went to college, right?" Daryl asked, making Anita nod. "Yer know what facility-wide decontamination means?"

"Well...if I knew, I would've said something." Anita said, still curious as to whether he remembered the conversation.

"Huh....guess that makes sense." Daryl said before taking a swig from the bottle in his hand. "Yer okay? When the doc was talking, ya' got all upset."

"Oh." Anita said as she looked down. "I...I'm fine."

"Ya' sure?" Daryl asked.

"Yes, I'm sure!" Anita snapped before sighing. "I'm sorry. I'm fine."

"If you say so, Jasmine." Daryl said, making Anita's eyes widen in shock. So, Daryl did remember their conversation. Daryl obviously noticed Anita's surprise that he remembered.

I felt so embarrassed that he remembered what I said. If I could go back in time and take it all back, I would but Daryl knows now. He probably thinks I'm a wimp but now I'm probably a turn off in his eyes, too. Could things get any worse?

"About what ya' said yesterday, it's n-"

Before Daryl could speak any further, the lights went out, making them look around. They popped their heads out into the hallway and saw some of the other group members looking around too as Jenner walked down the hallway.