"What the fuck I don't look man enough?" Lorenzo snapped.

"No silly, haven't you read how ancient men looked much masculine than modern men, that's why, duh," she wiggled his cheek, "you're such a baby, Lore."

"My room's free, but you'll have to do it on the ground," Dunkin offered, "Don't want a half-broken bed to sleep on." That caused Lorenzo to clasp his neck, as he attempted to strangle him.

"Aah," Despite that, Dunkin was still guffawing, "Choke your Cheryl, not me!"

"You bastard!" Lorenzo couldn't stop the threatening grin as he continued to strangulate him. Aarmen tried to pry his hands off, stating he'd kill Dunkin for real. But they all were laughing.

"Pervy and priest don't go hand in hand, Remun Ra," Cheryl grumbled, but it was amusing her, "you're waiting for Aphrodite to punish you, oh wait that would..." and she also joined them.

But I wasn't listening to their banter anymore, having shifted away from them.

The wild beating of my heart was the only thing that stated I was still alive. Teeth clattering, I peeked a glance at Julian, who had craned his neck to look at the crowd behind him. Probably finding someone.

Finding me.

There wasn't a doubt he had the same jaw as Lorenzo. Even the light caramelised brown eye colour perfectly matched my friend's. I could even make out the structure of the shoulders and neck that approximated Lorenzo's frame. Only his ink-black hair didn't match with the light bronze colour of my friend.

It was just that he appeared a bit wild as compared to his apparent grandkid. How hadn't I noticed it all along?!

My eyes watered at the revelation as a sudden sob escaped me. I gulped, trying hard not to let the tears stream down my face.

I was loving everything that we were doing...

It was the first time I'd felt like that, that I wanted to experience it, just a bit more. But God forbid me for the abhorrent thing I was doing.

I'd thought I wouldn't hurt him and tell him a valid reason before I would depart, but that wasn't happening now.

I rubbed my eyes from the back of my hand, letting the truth seep into me. As much as it resurfaced my sobs, I knew now that I had to reach the palace, destroy my AI book and get out of this century.

My Rendezvous in the Romanowskian Empire had come to an end, I breathed in shakily through the tears as I tore my gaze away from the mesmerising ruler that was Julian Romanowski.

It would be all good, I shut my eyes tight, controlling the tears, fisting my hands in my lap. After returning, I would immediately start the excavation activities with the help from the department, to discover about him, and show the world that such generous rulers existed too.

And I would just disappear. Julian could never know the reason why...

Drums started to roll in, indicating the completion of the offerings ceremony, as everyone stood up and started showering flowers at the couple. Julian watched on with a stoic expression.

Two guard-like people came to stand in front of the crowd, seeming like some town crier as they held a type of announcement instrument, "The kingdom of Romanos wishes the new groom Jakov Swarwoski and the beautiful bride Helaine Swarwoski, a happy married life!"

"Happy married life!"

"Happy married life!" The crowd cheered.

I staggered against the carved wall in front of me.