Q and A

Cello! Call me Red, I'm the author of this story! Here are some questions you guys have me!

"What gave you the inspiration for this story or what powers to give everyone?"

I'm not really sure, I sort of just really like super hero settings and I have had several hero stories in the past. I accidentally fixated on this idea for two weeks before writing it.

I also published the first chapter a day after the disc war finale, so I was thinking about Dream in prison and how menacing he was in the lore, so I started thinking of the story. Tommy and Tubbo are both little gremlin thieves because yes.

The Sleepy Bois Inc. As detectives also just seemed really funny and on brand. I also really liked the idea of the Community House with four of the original eight members if the SMP. The plot I kind of just picked and choose from plots I liked on the SMP as well.

Here's a list of why the characters have the powers they do!

Tommy: I needed something with main character vibes, this one was honestly so hard to choose, and I didn't really figure it out before publishing the first chapter.

Tubbo: he lika da bee. Just plain  talking to bees seemed boring and not very useful in a big city setting, so I thought the more "illusions" thing was cool.

Dream: I went "hmm... what's something psychologically manipulative that is somewhat threatening?" And then I remembered all my experience with Wings of Fire and mind reading it was. Also because of the Dream voice for Ranboo, and then I connected it to Technoblade's chat. I wanted him to be almost inexperienced at talking in people's heads with the discs at first, and I'm glad people noticed the slip ups he made.

Sapnap: fire man. I don't really know. Plain fire is again, kind of boring, so I added knives.

George: he sleep. That was also kind of uninteresting though so I added the truth telling thing.

Ant: cat. I also gave him a lot of potion stuff though because he killed Dream with potions in that one manhunt and I thought that was funny.

Bad: this one is entirely based off his Minecraft skin if I'm being honest.

Skeppy: see above. I also figured out how to use it for angst so...

Karl: he time travels. What can I say. I also didn't really expand on it, but I gave him a book full of dates and times that he could travel to to remember important events, but just from the past week because otherwise the power is kind of op.

Phil: bird.

Technoblade: he's good at pvp or whatever, but I added the locating thing because he got called the Human GPS in someone's video, I think Tommy's.

Wilbur: he writes songs so I went "hmm... yes. Sound man." I don't really know why I added the charmspeak. I also like when he uses autotune on his streams.

Niki: she had a flower shop with Puffy on the SMP and I thought it was cool, so plant. Also I figured depending on how far I took the story if she ended up burning L'mantree it could be even more painful.

Fundy: he a fox.

Eret: I thought stopping time would just be kind of cool if I'm being honest, the seeing the future was also purely for the white eyes thing.

Ranboo: Enderman :) . I also liked my idea of he can't teleport if he's wet. Sort of like Karl, I added the downside because otherwise he wouldn t have stuck around for long (He would have teleported away the first chance he got)

Punz: it's kind of random, but I think it works.

Jack: I like the blue and red color scheme, plus he crawled himself out of hell so I wrote it in as using luck to survive a stab wound. His hand is glowing blue right before Tubbo is revived because he's "summoning good luck" to see if he can bring Tubbo back. I didn't think of this before (But I really wish I did), but it would be cool if he could like curse people with Bad luck for like five minutes or sonething, that way he wasn't just standing around when there was a fight