Part 17: The Listener

(Pov jumping because I have too much story to tell)

...

Skeppy could feel the tension lying in the back seat of the car. What kind of tension? He didn't know. Bad and Ant had been talking outside for a while, and when they got in the car the whole mood changed.

"What's going on?" Skeppy could barely stand the silence, he almost always talked to Bad in the car. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Ant was focused on the street ahead, even though Bad was the one driving. "Just thinking."

"How about you?" Bad looked in the back seat when they stopped at a red light. "How's the poison feeling?"

Bad shot a glare at Ant. Was that what this was about? Skeppy had been very clear that he gave permission to use poison. Bad could be very stubborn sometimes.

"It's going fine," Skeppy rolled his eyes. "You know, I'm the one who asked for the poison."

Even if it was his decision, poison still hurt. It felt as bad as the crystals, but at least he knew the poison would stop soon. Skeppy had managed to scratch off the majority of them, but some parts around his eyes and neck wouldn't budge.

"Hmm..." Bad continued driving. "I need to get something real quick."

Bad turned on to the street with the Schlatt building, Skeppy groaned. "Can't you drop me off first? I'm tired."

"This will be quick," Ant nodded at Bad as the got out of the car. "Just wait here."

Skeppy was getting increasingly more bored by the minute. He looked at the time, three minutes since they left. It was probably good to sneak in behind them now.

Skeppy was surprised to find that he could stand up. He made his way over to the receptionist desk where Quackity was playing a computer game.

"Quackity," Skeppy grabbed his attention. "Did you see where Bad went?"

"Bad and Ant are in the room down the hall..." Quackity was more focused on the game than anything.

"Thanks, I guess."

Skeppy followed the directions and saw Bad and Ant through the door window. He hid behind the wall to listen in on what they were saying.

"Do you have a place to put it?" Bad asked nervously.

"Yes, it's fine," Ant sighed. "I don't get why I should hide it if Dream gave it to me."

"Just in case, I think he only gave it to you as well. I didn't get wither."

"It's probably just cuz I'm the potion guy."

"So, what do you think?"

"About?"

"Everything," Bad looked out the window on the door, but Skeppy was out of his line of sight. "Dream, Purpled, the crystals..."

Skeppy made sure he paid extra close attention.

"Hm..." Ant hummed. "I think your right he's bored. It's been a little too easy for too long. The kid might be useful for later, but we need to figure out how to fight his power just in case. And the crystals..."

"Yes?"

"I still have the sample, it's really strange. I think it has a beacon like property. If I figure out how to use it, maybe we could use Skeppy as a walking beacon."

"Interesting... then Dream would have no reason to hurt him."

"Does he know? About the deal?"

"No, I've avoided it. Come on, let's go."