Part 31: The End

(Warnings for mentions of death, afterlife, grief, and hospital stuff.)

Ranboo, Niki, Jack, Puffy, Sam, and Eret stood in the elevator, anticipating the moment it would open. The elevator finally opened to the top floor and Ranboo saw Tubbo dead on the ground. This was his fault, maybe if he were more resistant to the mind control or didn't dismiss the voice so much...

Ranboo ignored the searing pain on one side of his face. He ran over to Tubbo. There was no recent wounds, other than a small dot of blood on his forearm where an inky black liquid webbed through veins that no longer moved.

"We were too late..." Niki gasped with a cry threatening in her voice.

"Wither," Sam stated. "It looks so much more intense, do you see how dark it is? Dream must have experimented with this sort of thing begore and how much it can affect a person. It must have kil- done it instantly."

"Uh..." Wilbur stuttered, Ranboo just realised the Sleepy Bois were there. He pointed at Ranboo. "Like that?!"

"Your face!" Jack yelled. "Half of it is grey!"

"We need to get that some help, mate," Phil's wings shivered. "That must have been going on for three days-"

"What about Tommy!?" Ranboo gestured over to the broken window. Below them, Tommy and Dream were practically in a free fall. They didn't have time to worry about Ranboo right now.

"I secured the ground with some bushes." Niki states, looking a bit unsure of herself.

"Most people also fled from the street because of the fight earlier," Puffy treasures everyone. "No collateral damage should be done. We did just leave Punz and Purpled down below, however."

Everyone got in the elevator except for Phil, who flew Wilbur and Techno down. Ranboo took one last look at Tubbo's corpse before the elevator doors shut. He was surprised that the voice wasn't screaming at him about it to taunt him. Where did the voice go?

The elevator opened to the bottom floor and everyone ran out. Dream looked livid, but wasn't attacking. Tommy was holding Mellohi and had his other hand extended out in front of him, trapping Dream. Oh yeah.

Ranboo saw Punz and Purpled standing on the side. They were free of their green prison, but did nothing to help Dream. Purpled saw everyone emerge from the elevator and took a step forward, but Punz held him back.

"Should have paid me more," Punz sighed and shook his head at Purpled. "It's not worth it, don't bother. He's lost."

Purpled looked at Punz then back to the group. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry that happened. I had no idea that that was the plan."

Ranboo have the two a nod and ran over with the group over to Tommy. Philza swooped down with Wilbur and Techno, carrying some bandages for the gashes in Tommy's back. They must have been from the wings emerging.

"What now?" Wilbur asked. "There aren't really any authorities to report him to in the city, Dream's gang was the closest thing to enforcement."

"Kill him?" Skeppy said, suddenly at their side.

"Like you could," Dream scoffed then started laughing. "Ever hears of the immortal Pigstep? Destroyed it after I used it on my self."

"Locked up?" Ranboo piped up. That seemed like a good option.

"Actually," Sam raised his finger. "About a year ago I was hired to build a prison... I think I know the perfect guy to test it on."

"Any words, Dream?" Tommy asked. He didn't seem to be enjoying his victory. "About the shit you put me and Tu- my friends through?"