Part 7: The Voices

Techno was having a nice breakfast with Phil when he got a text from Wilbur. He was excited for new info on the Dream Team, but was very relieved when Tommy and Tubbo finally left. Techno checked his phone.

Hey, wyd rn? :D

Breakfast with Phil

Cool! Come over to Nikki's bakery when you're done!

???

:D

Techno walked over to the bakery with no trouble. According to Wilbur, he and the other "L'Manburgians" always got attacked by the Dream Team when they went out alone, but Techno never had a problem with that.

Hey~

"Shut up," Techno whispered to himself. Luckily no one was on the streets, one usual.

So how about those new kids? Don't they seem so-

"Stabable?" Techno said sarcastically. "Would it kill you to be more creative every once in a while?"

I- we were going to say fun. Why don't you see what the Dream Team wants with them? Aren't you curios?

"The loud child already said that Dream just sees them as more orphans to torture," Techno brushed off the question, before looking up from the ground. "Do they actually have parents?"

Well, not anyomre... but anyway, that's just from one perspective. Why don't you just go ask one of the Dream Team? It doesn't even have to be m- Dream!

"Maybe later," Techno turned around the corner. "But first, I told Wilbur I'd go to the bakery."

Techno opened the door to the bakery and saw Wilbur standing behind the cash register, strumming his guitar. He was wearing a pink and white apron over his yellow sweater.

"Techno!" Wilbur shouted. "So I need a favor..."

"What did you do?" Techno asked skeptically. Wilbur was usually up to no good when it came to favors. "Why isn't Niki here? Why are you wearing- okay I see where this is going, and you can deal with it on your own."

"Please, Techno?" Wilbur ran over and grabbed his cape. "If you don't, I'll tell Phil about that time-"

"FINE! Geez..." Techno didn't need Wilbur to finish his thought to get scared. Techno did a lot of stuff behind Phil's back, most of which he would rather not let Phil ever know about.

Techno never really ever visited Niki's bakery, and apparently almost no one did either. Techno thought this might be a good time to talk to the voices.

The first time Techno heard the voices was the first time he met the Dream Team.

~flashback~

He had been walking around at night when he saw a shadow move in a weird way. Him, Phil, and Wilbur had been investigating a new rising crime group, so it was to be expected that he might get attacked. Techno could take most people in a fight, so he wasn't worried.

And of course, Techno was right. A man in a black and red hoodie and another with a blue hoodie were holding crossbows at Techno. He found out later that their names were Bad and Skeppy.

"We heard you and your friends have been snooping into our business," Bad pointed the crossbow at Techno's ear. "We recommend you stop."

"Come on," Skeppy groaned. "You've been doing crime stuff all week, Bad. I thought we were going to have a chill day."