|II|

Drina sat in her room in the palace of Valaskjalf, as she looked at the targets on her wall, that were already totally covered in knives and the marks from knives previously thrown at them.

A knock came at her door and she looked over quickly at the door. "If you are Thor, go away! If you are my brother, then come back later!" She shouted and the door creaked open at those words.

"There was nothing in there about me." Loki noted and Drina exhaled heavily, turning her head to face the wall once again, as she whips a knife out and it killed the picture that was a suddenly a very, very accurately drawn picture of Thor.

"Loki!" Drina started on one of her hopeless attempts to berate him, but as usual, she was overcome by their shared laughter over his jokes and all of the dumb pranks, that he always was pulling. "Honestly, why do you always do this?" She asked and he looked over at her.

"Why do I always do what?" He asked and she snorted at his feigned feelings about the question.

"You can lie to almost anybody here on Asgard, Loki Odinson, but not ever to me. Don't you remember?" She was gently berating him now, as he sighed at her truthful words.

"Yes, I remember now. You are rather conveniently, the goddess of Justice, a sort of truth goddess and definitely of war." He said and she nudged him gently with her arm. "What? Which one did I forget?" He asked and she shakes her head slightly.

"You forgot to mention, that I act more for the people, than I do for the ruling." She murmured and he smiled a little bit at her, as he nodded and he exhaled slightly. "But seriously, why are you here?" She asked abruptly, as he scoffed at her uncanny ability to break silences in the bluntest possible way.

"First your brother insulted you and then my brother did. I just wanted to make sure that you were all right. We are in the same boat, you and I. We are both much younger siblings of two much more respected people, and two children of two much more beloved and well-known Asgardians. I know what you are going through and I wanted to see if I could help." He admitted and she smiled slightly at his words, and he opened his arms a bit as a peace offering. "I'm not going to knock you out." He said and she snorts at his words.

Drina smiled and leaned into the hug in silence as in response, she wrapped her arms around him as well. "Thank you, Loki." She murmured and he was pulling away from the hug a little bit, as he was unsure of what she meant.

"For what exactly?" He asked and she looked around at everything around a room, clearly avoiding him as she was trying to get her words in order.

"For reminding me that I am not alone. And for reminding me, that I'm not supposed to just roll over, to kneel and to show my belly whenever I am being threatened." She murmured, as he grinned slightly and the confused expression slid off of his face.

"There is a feast tonight, for some birthday or another--"

"It is for the celebration of the day that my father lost his hand. The day that Fenris Wolf was bound. If I don't show up, my mother will find ways to get her extreme disappointment out in front of others." Drina murmured and he looked over at her, as she looked at her shaking hands.

"You don't have to go if you really don't want to. You can stay here, or go to Earth or something. You do not ever have to stay here against your will." He pointed out and she looked up at him, as he was in her space now and he backed up a little bit and she'd wince at the sight of him backing up a bit, as she caught sight of the new knife 'tattoo' on the back of her left hand.

"Loki!" She complained as she looked back over to him, but she still couldn't stop the smile from spreading across a face that had been grim and upset for quite a few minutes before.

"Just wanted to see if I could bring your smile back." Loki said earnestly and Drina smiled at the honesty in his voice, and she just winced a bit at her mother's footsteps, as her smile faded swiftly, it was just as if Loki hadn't ever brought a smile originally back onto her face. "See you at the feast." He murmured and she nodded a bit, as he disappeared into thin air, as her mother opened her door and as usual, the shouting had begun for everyone in their sector of the palace to hear.