"You can't get rid of me," Pitch shouts, getting to his feet. "Not forever! There will always be fear."

"So what?" North says. "As long as one child believes, we will be here to fight fear."

"Really? Then what are they doing here?" he gestures to the around the pond where a crowd nightmares are standing, snorting and pawing the ground.

"They can't be my nightmares," North laughs, "I am not afraid!"

"Yeah, not mine," (Y/N) adds, shrugging.

"Looks like it's your fear they smell," I say, stepping forwards.

Pitch gasps and stumbles, then turns and runs, pursued by the nightmares around him. They converge on him, whirling into a storm of black sand and dragging him away into the bush. His screams echo, then fade, so it's a fair guess he's gone.

Above us, the last clouds are clearing away from the moon, its light bathing the world in silver.

Something barrels into me, laughing. Tooth hugs me tightly, spinning in the air, and I pat her back. She lets go, then turns to (Y/N) and gives her the same treatment. The other girl laughs, gingerly hugging her back, then steps away.

"Are you ready now, Jack?" North asks. "To make it official?"

At my feet, two elves ready their instruments threateningly.

I glance at (Y/N) who nods, smiling.

North takes a large book offered to him by a yeti, and opens it to a page near the middle.

"It is time you take oath," he says. "Will you, Jack Frost, vow to watch over the children of the world, to guard them with your life, their hopes, their wishes, their dreams, for they are all that we have, all that we are, and all that we will ever be?"

I look behind me, meeting Jamie's eyes. He nods.

"I will," I say, turning back to North.

"Then congratulations, Jack Frost, for you are now, and forevermore, a Guardian."

Cheering erupts, and North picks me up, placing a kiss on each of my cheeks.

"That's my boy!" Bunny says, elbowing Tooth beside him.

"Wait," Jamie says, "what about (Y/N)?"

"O-oh, no, I don't think—" she stammers, "I'm not really Guardian material, you know?"

"Yeah you are!" the kid protests, "You choked Pitch with your bow!"

"Oh, you saw that, huh?" she asks, rubbing at the back of her neck.

"Are you ready to take oath?" North asks.

(Y/N) looks around unsure, her eyes coming to rest on me. I raise an eyebrow, and she smiles, stepping forwards and taking my hand.

"Yeah," she says, "go ahead."

"Will you, (Y/N) Cupid, vow to watch over the children of the world, to guard them with your life, their hopes, their wishes, their dreams, for they are all that we have, al that we are, and all that we will ever be?" North says, reading once more from the book.

"I will," she whispers, then louder, "I will."

"Then congratulations, (Y/N) Cupid, for you are now, and forevermore, a Guardian!"

A smile breaks out on her face, and she glows even brighter than before. Without thinking, I turn and place my hands behind her head, kissing her full on the mouth. She gives a small grunt of surprise and freezes for a moment, then relaxes and kisses me back, amid mixed shouts of approval and disgust.

"There are kids, Jack," she mumbles between kisses.

"You implied that Jamie took acid, I don't think you can talk," I say, drawing back.

"You did what?" North asks, aghast.

"I didn't realise he could hear me!" she says frantically.

"Acid?" Jamie asks.

North and (Y/N) and are saved from explaining by jingling from overhead, and everyone looks skywards at the massive sleigh coming to land in front of us.

"That's Santa's sleigh!" a little girl marvels.

"It's real!" someone else says. The children converge on it, staring at the massive thing and the reindeer that accompany it.

"Everyone loves the sleigh," Bunny says resignedly.

"Time to go," North says, laying a hand on my shoulder.

Sandy slowly rises into the air, sending a stream of sand into the air where it explodes into glittering fireworks, raining down around us like golden snow.

"You're leaving?" Jamie asks, looking between me and (Y/N) as the other guardians start towards the sleigh. "But what if Pitch comes back? What if we stop believing again? If I can't see you..."

"Hey, slow down!" I say, kneeling down in front of him. "You're telling me you stop believing in the moon when the sun comes up?"

"No."

"Ok, well, do you stop believing in the sun when clouds block it out?"

"No," he concedes.

"We'll always be there, Jamie," (Y/N) adds, bending down beside me. "And now, we'll always be here." She stretches out a hand, poking him square in the chest. "And that kinda makes you an honorary Guardian."

He smiles at her, then throws his arms around her waist and hugs her tightly.

"Woah!" she laughs, bending to hug him back. "It's alright, we'll visit you. Every time you see snow, or a happy family, that's us. And you'll have Valnetine's, and snow days. Now, we gotta go, ok?"

"Ok," he says reluctantly, drawing back.

"Seeya round, kid." Taking my hand, she starts walking towards the sleigh.

"Jack!" Jamie calls, and I stop, turning around. He runs towards me, giving the same treatment as (Y/N). I laugh, patting his shoulder before we part, and I jump onto the side of the sleigh.

We all wave as North urges the reindeer into the sky, the kids shouting various farewells from the ground, their tiny voices lost as we draw away.