Five

*(Y/N)'s POV*

"North, North!" Jack shouts, running to catch up with him. "I told you, I'm not going with you guys! There is no way I'm climbing into some rickety old..." he trails off, stopping dead in his tracks.

"Sleigh?" I finish for him, grinning. It's been ages since I went in the sleigh myself, and the last time I did my hands were tied to the railing and I had Yetis with spears seated either side of me, but I'll never forget the feeling. It's not as great as riding the wind with Jack, but it's a million times better than phasing from place to place.

The sleigh in question is being pulled by the same massive reindeer I remember, still a gleaming red with silver and gold trimmings and still very imposing. The reindeer are all snorting, tossing their antlered heads and stomping their hooves on the ground almost like they're trying to shake us up.

"Ok, one ride," Jack says. "But that's it."

"You remember this, eh, (Y/N)?" Bunny grins, elbowing my side. "Want the same guards? I bet North's still got the ropes somewhere too—"

"You better shut your mouth right now, rabbit." I hiss, nodding to Jack who is swinging over the side of the sleigh, running his hand along the side of it. "He doesn't need to get pulled into all this."

"Oh, you haven't told him?" the rabbit laughs, then nudges North. "Get this, she hasn't told him!"

"She doesn't need to," he replies. "I don't see why you should either. It's her business, and like she said, he doesn't need to get pulled into it all. Very messy."

"Thanks," I mutter, shooting a last glare at Bunny before joining Jack.

"Everyone loves the sleigh," North continues as if nothing happened. "Bunny, what are you waiting for?"

"I think my tunnels might be faster, mate," he calls. "And uh, safer."

"Argh!" North grunts, grabbing his scruff and pulling him over the side. "Get in! Buckle up!"

"Woah, woah, woah," Bunny says frantically, looking around. "Where are the bloody seatbelts?"

"Dunno," I grin, "I'm sure there'd be a bit of rope lying around? Maybe you'd like that?"

"Hah!" North shouts, oblivious to the death glare Bunny's aiming my way. "That was just expression. Are we ready? Good, let's go!" He slaps the reigns down, shouting at the reindeer as they take off down the snowy runway and into a tunnel.

Beside me, Jack laughs, pointing to where Bunny's claws are leaving scratch marks on the paintwork. He pulls me against him, his arm wrapped around my shoulders as we hurtle through icy corridors, Bunny still screaming and North still shouting.

"I hope you like loopty-loops!" he calls back as we round a corner, the reindeer leaping onto the roof of the tunnel, dragging the sleigh upside down. I hold tighter to Jack.

"I hope you like carrots," Bunny mutters, pressed back against the seats.

"Here we go!" North ignores his protesting, slapping the reigns down once more as we round a corner, coming out into the open.

Jack moves his hold to my hand, dragging me with him to the edge of the sleigh and leaning out over the railing. The wind toys with his hair, making it all stand up like some kind of silver dandelion as he laughs, his eyes sparkling.

"You having fun there?" I yell over the wind, but I'm smiling too.

"Yes!" he shouts back, then looks past me to Bunny. He winks, then lets go of my hand and jumps up onto the back railing.