Tourism.

Shane had always had a love for London. England too, he supposed, but London was something else. It was New York before New York existed, aside from the black death incident. He had always thought about coming back here as a visitor one day, but once he had met Ryan, the thought of going without him had never even crossed his mind. So now, as they walked through the winding streets of cobble and pavement with tilted buildings leaning on straight ones, Shane felt two thousand years younger. Ryan kept a hold on his hand, almost as a reassurance that Shane was still there, and Shane loved it. TJ and Mark had already gone to the hotel to "give them some alone time", which Shane wasn't entirely against. Shane pointed out some spots where he remembered living and staying. Of course Ryan then asked him if he had ever seen Jack the Ripper.
"Duh, Ryan, you're looking at him." Shane had said nonchalantly.
Ryan's face paled. "Wh-What?"
"Relax, I'm kidding."
"Fuck you Shane." Ryan had answered with a laugh.
Shane and Ryan had done a mix of touristy things and Shane showing Ryan all kinds of hole-in-the-wall joints he remembered from his time. Damn, that would be a fun show. Just Shane and Ryan going around town. Shane knew Ryan was a sucker for anything touristy, and Shane was never big on the poster card places. Ryan took Shane to Big Ben, then Shane took Ryan to see the bar that reminded him of the Leaky Cauldron from Harry Potter. At one point, Ryan had captured some poor Englishman and was asking him to say random phrases over and over.
"You know, Shane had said as they had walked away from the poor man- not before Shane paid him a compensation- "I can give you a pretty good British accent."
"Oh yeah? Let's hear it." Ryan had challenged.
"Um..." Shane thought for a moment. "You are the most handsome man in the-"
"That's Austrailian!"
"It always comes out Australian!" Shane had fussed, throwing his hands in the air. Ryan had simply laughed, and the two had kept walking, however it seemed Ryan wasn't willing to let the joke go, and brought up the incident multiple times throughout the day. Normally, the joking of Shane's pride would have upset him, but honestly, who could be mad at that man? They met up with TJ and Mark later, both of them walking with a European girl on their arms. Shane had tried his very best not to laugh. Shane and Ryan went to the hotel, and relaxed for a while after all the tourism and exploration. London really had changed since the last time Shane was here, or maybe he had. Maybe both. Either way, it was a change for the better, as the city seemed more alive than ever. Over all, not a bad day, until that night, at least. Shane had taken Ryan to a restaurant to go out. They hadn't really been on any dates yet, and Shane was damned if he wasn't going to make this one their first. Granted, he was already damned, but he ignored that. He took Ryan to an Italian restaurant, a type of food he knew Ryan would love, and they talked the night away. It was when they were leaving, that Ryan finally said something.
"Shane?"
"Yeah?" Shane said dreamily, this night was going swimmingly.
"R- He says that someone is watching us."
"What?" Shane spun to look at him, Ryan's eyes were still brown. "You're talking to him?"
"No..." Ryan paused to think, as if trying to explain how he was feeling. "It's more like the thought was just kinda shoved in with mine, but I know I didn't think of it."
"Okay..." Shane frowned, any connection Ricky had with his Ryan was one he didn't want. "Did he say where?"
"No, but I can ask-"
"Absolutely not."
"Shane." Ryan gave a soft warning.
"Yeah?"
"I'm not a child. I can handle myself. Understood?"
Shane huffed. No, he didn't understand. His Ryan had to be protected.
"Shane!" Ryan said, a shocked look displayed on his face.
Shane looked back with confusion. "What?"
"D-Did you just-" Ryan's frustration turned to a confusion that matched Shane's.
"What?"
"You said that I had to be protected. You said I was yours." Ryan said the last portion with a pink face.
"I-I..."
"Shane. I'm glad you l-lo-like me so much, but Shane," Ryan's face was a dark red now. "I'm still my own person. I don't need protection."
"I-I-"
Ryan gave Shane a smile, "Now, let's figure out who is watching us."
"H-How did you-" Shane was pretty sure he broke.
"I would assume that would be our mutual acquaintance." Ryan pointed at his head, which was decidedly not where Ricky would be if he was possessing Ryan, which he was. Shane gave a glance to Ryan's left elbow.
"Okay... let's do it." Shane said finally, and led Ryan to an alley behind the restaurant. He pulled off his shirt, since he didn't want to ruin a fancy shirt with his massive wings. This earned a happy humming from Ryan, and against his nature, Shane crossed his arms over his chest with a red face.
"Don't hide now, Shane. I'm enjoying it."
"Fuck. You."
"Sorry. Hand me your shirt." Ryan offered his hand, and Shane handed his shirt to Ryan.
"You don't have to worry, Shane." A voice from behind made Shane spin and his wings flare. "I won't hold your stripping for your human against you."