3 Horrifying Cases of Ghosts and Demons.

Shane walked into the office that morning, having had a week to shake off what Brent had said. He wondered what this week's episode would be. Ryan seemed to like to keep him in the dark about them. It was only when he got to his desk, when he realized this week was different. Ryan, who was normally here after Shane, was standing in front of his desk and grinning like a madman. Shane couldn't stop the smile growing on his face. Ryan's smile was truly contagious.
"I'm guessing you're excited about this week?"
"Kind of? More of a nervous excitement. But we got approval, so who cares!"
Shane looked at his smaller counterpart, confused. "Approval for what?" He asked with a suspicious tone.
"For travelling!"
"Travelling where?"
"Well..." Ryan said. "To find some ghosts."
"Oh." Shane said before he could stop himself. He had known something like this would happen, but not this soon.
Ryan looked hurt. "You don't want to prove ghosts are real?"
"You're gonna prove ghosts are real?" Shane asked, recovering his confidence and teasing nature.
"Maybe I will." Ryan said, and grabbed his arm. "Now come on. We are going to meet the others."
"Where?" Shane said he let his friend drag him out of the office. He hadn't even had his coffee yet.
"I'm not going to these places without some protection." Ryan said, and all of Shane's hearts skipped a beat. A church he thought. Ryan is gonna take me to a church.

•••••••

Sure enough, Ryan and Shane climbed into Ryan's car, and they drove to a church. He could see their film crew set up and waiting for them outside the church. Shane groaned in his head. This was gonna suck. Ryan, on the other hand, looked eager to go. They parked the car and got out, walking to their crew at the front. The church itself was actually pretty quaint. Its white walls seemed to shine after having been recently cleaned. The roof was a rusted red color, and the walkways towards the church were lined with bushes that had sprouted nice white flowers. It was very serene. Ryan stood in front of the camera.
"We ready?"
Mark, the camera man, gave a thumbs up, and Ryan began talking.
"Today on Buzzfeed Unsolved we cover multiple cases and visit the some of the most horrifying places in the world in an effort to answer some questions that I have always been curious about. Are ghosts and or demons real, and if they are can they harm, and perhaps even kill, the living?"
At this point, Shane felt a knowing smile form on his lips. He ignored the feeling, since Ryan had no idea. He thought for a second about what Ryan would say if he found out. Shane lost his smile. Ryan talked for a moment longer about what was happening, and then turned to Shane.
"We are gonna be happy we talked to him when we go to some of these places."
"Yeah, I think so." Shane said sarcastically. "We better stock up on some knowledge so we don't get murdered by ghouls."
Ryan muttered something about Shane being thankful later, and they walked inside. Shane hadn't been in a church in years, since the last time was when he had been possessing some kid, and caused them to have a massive nose bleed. He reacted briefly at the thought, his hand touching his nose as he crossed the threshold. No blood. Shane wasn't surprised. However, his calmness didn't last long, when Ryan walked towards an older man black shirt with a tan cardigan over it. Shane cursed in his head. The man walked up and Ryan held out his hand.
"I'm Ryan." He said.
"Nice to meet you in person, I'm Father Thomas."
They shook hands, and then Shane begrudgingly held out his hand. The Father took it and shook his hand, but his eyes subtly widened at a realization. Shane smiled at him.
"I'm Shane."
The Father let go of his hand, and his posture stiffened ever so slightly. Ryan didn't notice, but Shane did. He turned and led them into the sanctuary, where pictures of the big man hung everywhere. The Father glanced at Shane, and Shane took the time to stare pointedly at a cross. The camera crew set up, and began to film their interview, which was fairly boring. Shane knew most of the things explained, and it wasn't until Ryan mentioned something about holy water that his attention was focused again.
"Can you bless some water, or something?"
The Father nodded, and said "Yes." A bit too quickly. Shane kept his gaze steady, but he gave the Holy man a death glare. Ryan handed him a bottle of water, and Father Thomas blessed it. They stood up to leave and Shane and Ryan talked for a couple more minutes. They walked towards the car, until Ryan stopped.
"Shoot, I forgot the small camera inside. Can you go get it?" He looked at Shane pleadingly.
Shane grumbled, but nodded. "Yeah. It's fine." He turned and walked back towards the church again. Shane hoped the Father had decided to leave where they had talked. His hopes were misplaced. Father Thomas sat in the same spot, looking upwards in thought. Shane felt like an idiot walking down the isle. And when he got to the Father, the older man opened his eyes. "Well now. Is something the matter?" He asked. Shane could tell the Father couldn't decipher if Shane was a demon, or simply possessed by one.
"We forgot a camera."
"I see." He said, and his hand landed on Shane's shoulder. His hand felt wet, and Shane realized a touch to late that he had Holy water on his hand. His skin and jacket sizzled under the Father's touch, and Shane pulled away and hissed, his eyes flickering from brown to gold, then back. Father Thomas frowned.
"What do you want here, demon?"
"That hurt." Shane said, not answering. The Father took another step forward.
"Answer my question."
Shane grabbed the camera. "Enjoy the rest of your day, Father."
Shane felt the hand return, thankfully, it was the other one, which was dry.
"If you injure Ryan..."
Shane spun on him, his now gold eyes staring down at the Father. "He's mine. I won't let one thing injure him."
The Father looked at him in surprise, and let his grip grow loose. Shane pulled his arm away and dusted off his jacket, before walking out the door. Shane's eyes were back to normal, but he had a smile on his face. It was fun to see that old man look so confused. Ryan looked at him,
"Are you ready?"
Shane nodded, getting in the car. "Hell yeah."