Prologue.

Author note: I suck at switching POV's, so this is probably third person Shane. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Shane folded the dark wings that sat on his back after a soft landing onto the rough ground under him. He held his gangly body high and proud as he walked briskly from his point of landing towards a looming building that hung over him in a depressing tilt. He had forgotten how much he truly hated it here. Shane walked up to the doors, where a couple of guards saw him. They quickly scurried away, and Shane fought the smile that curled at his lips. He walked through the doors, ducking his head so his long horns didn't hit the top. Man that always fuckin hurt. Shane's hands slid into his pockets as he walked into the room, rising back to his full height. His sharp gold eyes scanned the large expanse of a room. It was just as dark on the inside as the out. Long tapestries hung from the walls, singed and smoking at the edges. They didn't show much interest to Shane, he had seen them all his life. His eyes glanced briefly to a dark red carpet that led the way up to a throne. He was shaken from his looking at the room by a heartbreaking scream. The scream of a mother, now separated from their child forever. Shane had heard the noises too many times. He looked over to see a large chair that sat at one end of the room. A man casually draped over the side in boredom as a departed soul launched passed a massive window behind him. His wings, a bright red, contrasted from Shane's dark red, almost purple, greatly. However; they shared the golden eyes. The demon's horns were broken and chipped, one completely gone. The man glanced over and saw Shane. He sat up instantly.
"Ah! Dear Nephew. Welcome home from your trip."
"Hello, Luciel." Shane answered coldly. His uncle frowned.
"Well, someone is awfully upset. What is it? Did your attempt to leave fail again? Don't tell me" Luciel faked contemplation. "She dumped you. Or wait, did she exorcise you?"
Shane slumped his shoulders slightly. "Fuck off."
"Such language for the next king of Hell." He stood from his throne, and walked to Shane. "I only keep the spot warm for you, nephew. It will be yours one day."
"Thanks for that. Now, I will let you know when I care." With that, Shane stomped off. He opened his wings to fly to a coup in the air. It was shaped like a wasp's nest, but massive. Demons slept a bit like bats, they liked to hang. He landed in his coup, and sat down on his bed. He pouted for a second, before getting bored and turning on his phone. From there, he began to scroll through YouTube. No harm in just one video, right? He clicked on one he thought sounded interesting, and watched it.

•••••••••••••••••

An hour later, Shane still sat on his bed, now watching a Buzzfeed video. He had wanted to skip it, seeing as he had no interest in watching any more about ghosts, demons, or any of that shit. Still, the guy in it was cute sounding, so what the hell. He stared at the screen for a moment as it loaded. Damn, the internet was so bad down here. Shane listened to something about the Summerton Man. He thought he could remember something about him. He could've sworn his name was James or something. He shrugged and kept listening. Shane watched through the first three episodes, and paused at the beginning of the third. Son of a Bitch. He scanned briefly for a fourth one. Then gave up and set down his phone, leaning against the wall, when a knock came from outside. He looked up to see none other than the man he had just watched.
"Hey man." Brent said, waving briefly at him. The man sported the glasses he had been in in the video, but now had a small set of horns and a pair of wings which shined a bluish color. His tail moved nervously. Shane briefly wondered what a tail would be like, they seemed uncomfortable. He shrugged mentally.
"Hey, when were you going to tell me you started a show?" Shane was blunt about it, like with most things.
Brent simply shrugged. "Don't know. Not really sure I am all that interested in doing it though. It's a hellish amount of pressure."
"It's just some true crime. Who cares?"
"It's not though. Ryan, the other host? He keeps talking about ghosts and such." Brent did seem nervous. Shane paused for a moment, remembering how his friend was already on thin ice for his screw up last time.
"Switch with me then."
"What?"
"I don't want to deal with these idiots anymore. Switch with me and I can handle it."
"You don't know that. He could take you to a church!"
"What are they gonna do, trap me in salt? You know that doesn't work on me."
"Holy water does."
Shane looked at Brent. His expression was serious. "Dude. Switch with me. I wanna go."
Brent nodded slowly. "Alright. Then you and I have some work to do."