The Illuminati.

Shane had made it to the filming room first that day, knowing that Ryan would be close behind. Shane was right. Ryan came in a moment later, holding his a paper that had his script on it. Shane fought a smile as he walked into the room. Ryan sat down, and set the paper in front of him, then turned to Shane. "I think you are really gonna like this one."
Shane looked at the paper, before Ryan flipped it over. "I can't see what it's about?"
"It-It'll, um, spoil the surprise." Ryan said, laughing.
Shane laughed with him, "Alright then, let's get going."
"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved we are covering the Illuminati. Is it a real thing? What is it?"
The words slipped from Shane's mouth before he had even fully realized. "It's not a thing."
"Alright, approaching with an open mind. Let's get into it." Ryan said, looking down to his paper and beginning to read off it. The more Shane listened, the more he cringed. He remembered that founding dude, and had even been a part of the original group himself, but Shane knew for a fact that group had died out years ago. He even remembered having to collect a few of their souls. Now that was an awkward conversation.
"Our second theory come from David Ike, who believes that world leaders, including: Queen Elizabeth, Barack Obama, and the Clintons, are actually shapeshifting lizards."
Shane wheezed. "So this is the one your really into?"
Ryan laughed. "I-I never said that, I just said there's other ones."
Shane smirked, and Ryan continued his story. Shane kept making remarks through it, astounded by the insanity of this whole thing.
"That's not how cloning works! They don't come out fully baked."
"That's one theory, but some believe it could be like a Xeroxing machine."
"Xeroxing is not how cloning works!"
"How do you know? What are you, a cloning expert now?"
"You're creating a similar embryo with the same DNA. It has to grow!"
"There's no way we could tell what the process is."
"I mean, we can tell because the have cloned things." Shane said, his voice a mix of teasing and fruatration.
"Wh-What things have they cloned."
"A sheep."
"I don't believe you, you know what, I am gonna look it up right now."
Ryan pulled out his computer and logged in, then looked up Dolly the Sheep. Sure enough, the cloned sheep's story popped up right away. Ryan threw his hands in the air.
"Whatever, apparently there was a sheep."
"Oooh, apparently." Shane teased. Ryan ignored him and kept reading.

••••••••••••

When the episode was finished, Shane stood up to stretch. Under his clothes, his wings felt stiff and sore. He pondered when the last time he had actually used them was. He had gotten quite used to walking. Ryan tapped him, shaking him out of his thoughts.
"Good job today. I have your set of the editing all ready to give you." He said, a smile playing at his lips.
Shane nodded. "Thanks. I can crack down on that tonight."
Ryan's smile faded. "Oh, I was gonna offer drinks."
"How about..." Shane thought for a moment. Ryan still couldn't come to his apartment, he legit had the bed laying in the middle of his living room right now. Home decorating was not his style. "I go get some food, and we go to your place for a movie?"
Ryan's smile returned. "Sure, I'll check around and see if anyone wants to join." He looked at his phone, and walked away. A moment later, Shane's phone buzzed with a notification from Ryan. It was his address. He smiled and began to grab his stuff to go. As he walked out the door, his phone buzzed again. This time, however, it was a group text Ryan started. He recognized Steven's and Andrew's numbers, then a couple he didn't. Shane paused and typed out a text.
Shane~ What do you guys want from that mexican place?
Steven~ Oh!! I go there all the time. Get me a number three please!
Andrew~ I just want, like, an enchilada or something.
Ryan~ I want their burrito please.
Unknown Number~ I want a Taco Salad.
Unknown Number~ I want one of those too.
Shane~ Okay, see you in a bit.
Shane then turned and walked to the mexican place. He had been there a couple of times, but he never ate in. Mainly because Mexican food had l spices that made his powers go a bit crazy. He grabbed himself some chicken fingers, along with the others' orders. He hoped the chicken wasn't as bad. As he stood in line, he felt a tap on his shoulder, and spun around. Brent looked at him.
"Well, you seem like you are having fun up here."
"Actually, yeah."
Brent smiled, but he seemed fidgety. "That's good, man. Say, when do you think you'll, you know...come back?"
Shane stared at him in shock for a moment, almost missing his order being called. He went to grab it, then came back to Brent.
"I'm not, Brent." Shane said, his voice now holding an edge to it.
"Like, ever?" Brent tried to keep his voice level, but it sounded shaky.
"No." Shane debated asking what was up with his friend, but emotions weren't really his thing. Instead, he patted a hand awkwardly on Brent's shoulder, then turned to walk away. He heard Brent follow.
"You should, you know. It isn't all that bad back home."
"Then you go back. I'm not."
Brent stopped Shane and spun him around. "You have to."
"Why is that?"
"Because, Shane. Your father's home."
Shane stared at him for a moment. He had heard many times that his father was thinking about returning, but he didnt think the bastard would actually do it. His father had too much fun up here to come down and do his job. Hell, why do you think he had a son?
Shane shook himself out of his shock. "All the more reason. I'm not leaving."
Brent gave him a look, it was a mix of fear and...was that pity? He stood back.
"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you."
With that, Brent walked away, and left Shane with a growing unease in his chest. Shane went to Ryan's, where he met the two unknown numbers, a cute girl named Sarah, and Ryan's girlfriend Helen, and enjoyed the night, but he couldn't shake what Brent had said. Don't say I didn't warn you...