Island of the Dolls.

Last night had been fun, but this morning was a sobering reminder that Shane was low on power. He rolled over, thankful they didn't have to get up for a while and he looked at his watch. 6:27. Shane rubbed the sleep from his eyes. In the bed next to him, Shane heard Ryan grumble, and say grumpily."I don't think I had that much last night..."
"You probably didn't. It's 4:30 back home."
"Oh..." Ryan said, then rolled over to face Shane, his hands rubbing his face. After a moment, he put his hands down, and Shane saw Ryan's dark chocolate eyes that looked at him, a swirling mass that Shane wouldn't have minded getting himself lost in. Ryan's hair, normally neat and tidy, was laying against the bed unkempt. Once again, Shane didn't seem to mind. The white sheets contrasted starkly against Ryan's dark skin. Ryan rolled to face the ceiling, and Shane did as well.
"So, when do we have to go to the island?"
"1:15." Ryan answered, and Shane rolled out of bed. His co-host looked and Shane curiously, and Shane explained himself.
"I'mma take a shower then, since we have the time." He grabbed some clothes and his Benadryl from his bag, and turned to the restroom. Ryan rolled in the sheets, Shane assumed to get more sleep, and Shane walked to the restroom. He closed the door, and let his wings and horns emerge, Shane watched his eyes swirl in the bathroom mirror, as gold swallowed carmel brown. His sandy hair relaxed itself against his red-gray horns. Shane pulled off his pants and started his shower, checking the temperature with his hand before getting in. The water ran down Shane's back, and danced off his wings. He leaned his head back to let his hair soak in the warm water. His wings brushed against his sides, not having much room to spread, and he cleaned himself up. Shane closed his eyes for a moment, letting the water soak him one last time before he turned off the water and opened the curtain.
"Shit!" Shane exclaimed, seeing a figure on the counter, and he pulled the curtain back to cover himself. When he looked again to see why the hell Ryan hadn't screamed and run out, he found no one. He grabbed a towel, and got out, seeing a note on the counter. Don't say you weren't warned... Shane cursed lightly, before letting the paper erupt into flames in his hand. He grumbled under his breath, before changing to his human form and getting dressed.
"Everything alright in there?" Ryan asked as Shane left the bathroom a moment later. "I thought I heard you say something."
"Yup, all good."
All good...

•••••••••••

Shane was very relaxed as they rode their boat over to the island of the haunted dolls. He didn't know much about it, since Shane hadn't been the demon to skip getting that ghoul, and had listened eagerly as Ryan had told the story in their hotel earlier. They had met with another Buzzfeed employee, Pepe, and were riding across the water in a boat. Ryan talked nervously, a nervous tick he seemed to have, and Shane made a couple jokes to calm him down. The group got to the island and did a couple of shots with the nephew that maintained the island, and filmed around. Shane had to admit, this place freaked him out. Normally, demons can't get drunk on alcohol unless they are low on energy and power. Poisons and venoms, however, were like a demon's whiskey. And Shane was a lightweight. This island was full of poison. Er...spiders...er...poisonous spiders. Shane shivered a bit as he stepped of the boat, and Ryan looked at him. "Cold already?"
"Simething like that." Shane answered, and Pepe laughed. They walked further to the island and began their tour. Dolls hung on strings and dangled off buildings. They were tied to walls and decorated the ground like a fucked up versions of litter. Many of the dolls were decaying, and had holes in their hollow bodies. Shane watched long spindly black legs crawling out of one. Shane steered away from that one. And all of the others. Ryan and he chatted, and at one point the my heard Pepe call them over. Sure enough, Pepe had found a stuffed animal. A monkey with child's sunglasses on its head sat on the edge of on of the building roofs. Shane filmed a large close up of the monkey.
"That thing is gonna keep me sane tonight." Shane joked.
Ryan wheezed. And the trio walked around a bit more. A bit later, Shane found a fairly intact Mickey Mouse, and wiggled its ear.
"Hiya Kids!" Shane teased with it, and moved its crumbling head around for a second, before letting it go. The group walked around more, and after the sun had fallen, Ryan led them to the spot where the girl and the older gentleman had died. Shane found the whole place void of spirits, but his nerves were not calmed at all by that fact. There were still spiders. Ryan then led them into a house, where they saw a lump if blankets laid on the floor. A lump seemed to sit underneath, but there was nothing there. Shane talked for a moment longer, before a bang sounded against a wall. It wasn't too hard, just enough to startle the humans and demon inside. However, what came after chilled Shane to his core. Long, dark spiders crawled out of their homes they had made in the dolls to investigate the bang, and Shane began to shoo Pepe and Ryan out the door.
"Oh, and this one was his favorite doll."
"Okay, I don't care what his favorite- fuck that let's go!" Shane said, running Ryan out of the house and into the open. They began to book it to their meet up at the end of the island, and ducked under strings and dolls and spiders. Once they were safely on the boat, Shane said "I like spiders, I think spiders are a great little insect, or arachnid. But...fuck everything about that place."
They laughed for a moment.
"I would love to bring Father Thomas to this island." Shane said, more as a jab at the Father than a serious statement.
"You know, I don't think Father Thomas would be all that down."
Shane laughed. "I don't think he would, what makes you think that?"
"Ah" Ryan paused. "Cause I don't know if you can exorcise spiders."
"Yeah..." Shane said, Ryan's statement a heavy reminder that he could be exorcised... Shane just hoped it would never come to that. They got back to the harbor, and waved a goodbye to Pepe before heading back to the hotel. They relaxed for the night, and Shane recieved a text from TJ.
TJ~ Your ass owes me an explanation.
Shane~ Then sit next to me on the plane tomorrow.
Shane set down his phone, and groaned in reminder that he had two more plane rides until this craziness was over. Shane collapsed on the bed, and fell asleep quickly. Thank goodness this was just for one episode, Shane really didn't want to be a ghost hunter.