Sodder Children.

Shane walked into work, wearing a dark colored button up. He did skip on the horns, wings, and eyes at least. Deciding that he might not be as weird if he changed his color from gold to a Carmel brown color. His hair was much more ruffled, not having anything there to lean against. He had a coffee in his hands, and waved at the secretary as he passed by them. He made his way to his desk, which was still a bit of a new concept for him, and sat down to wait on his co-host. The two had briefly met when Brent introduced them, but hadn't had much time to chat before they had begun to work on respective things. Shane had worked to convince the others that he was fit for the job. He had even gone through the trouble of manipulating some memories to make a family out in Chicago think they had two sons. Admittedly, working this hard to go into a show he was gonna probably do for a couple months then get bored of seemed silly, but something in the spot Shane thought a soul was supposed to be, tild him he needed to. So he did. He didn't mind it much, he had made a couple of acquaintances, a man named...Stefin? Steven! And someone whose nam reminded Shane of that guy of Toy Story, but he had been much more intrigued with the idea of Unsolved. He sat in thought until his co-host came up to him. Raymond...No...Ryan! Ryan looked at him. "You ready, Shane?"
Shane nodded, excitement filling him. "Very much so. Tell me your spooky story."
Ryan simply rolled his eyes and grabbed a folder from his desk. Shane stood up and followed him to where they filmed. It was set up similarly to a basement. Shane grabbed a chair and sat down at a table. Ryan sat down next to him. They were quiet as they waited for the cameras to start rolling. When the director gave the que, Ryan began to talk.
"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved we cover the mysterious disappearance of the Sodder Children." Ryan looks over at Shane, who is watching one of the camera men. He realized with a start that barely was kept from being seen, that he had said he had a degree in film editing. "You look, uh, enthralled."
"I can't wait." Shane said, breaking into a laugh with Ryan as the two finally broke the ice. Ryan began his story, which was honestly very depressing, but Shane found listening to Ryan talk relaxing, and he rather enjoyed history, having lived through so much of it. He did, however keep up with his witty retorts. And at one point a theory suggested a life insurance salesman had said "your goddam house is going up in smoke. And your children are going to be destroyed. Your going to pay for the dirty remarks you have been making about Mussolini."
"R-Ryan I think we've solved it. Alright, well see you later." Shane said through laughter. He could hear Ryan wheeze in response. Shane calmed himself a bit and said in a character. "I will set this house on fire, and your children are going to die." He paused for a moment and leaned back in his chair in mock thought. "Hmm, who could it be?"

•••••••••••

Overall, Shane thought the episode went well. He and Ryan chatted later about who would edit what, and then as Shane turned to leave...
"Hey Shane?"
"Yup?" Shane asked, turning to face Ryan, still a bit startled by how short he was.
"Do you wanna get a drink for something?"
"Sure." Shane said, and waited on Ryan to grab his stuff so they could leave together. When he had it all, the two left side by side, talking about anything and everything. They shared a car ride over, where Shane talked about his love of history, and Ryan talked about his avid belief in ghosts. Ryan never asked if Shane believed, so Shane never told him. They talked about the video for a while, and Ryan talked about what he wanted to do next. Shane pulled a couple of ideas out that he could remember, but honestly, Ryan was more just happy to talk about it. So Shane listened. And he enjoyed every word.