Pennhurst Asylum.

Shane squirmed a little in his seat, settling down to listen to Ryan tell his spooky story. TJ and Mark stood close by, on the other side of their hastily set cameras, and hit record. They had gotten to the asylum late -of course they had- and had rushed to set up before they got too late. Ryan seemed tired. Granted Shane was blaming that on the bastard that was currently inhabiting his Ryan's body. The dick.
"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved we investigate Pennhurst State School and Hospital as part of our ongoing investigation into the question, 'Are ghosts real?'"
It had become somewhat of a staple for Shane to shake his head at the camera as Ryan asked the question. He wasn't going to let down the fans now.
"This is actually now a Halloween attraction called Pennhurst Asylum, and as you can see, they- uh- they didn't change much. It's still very much an abandoned hellscape."
"This is what happens to all buildings though, over time, right? When not tended to?"
"Yeah, this is kind of like a look at what the apocalypse would look like." Ryan agreed, as TJ dropped his pen on the floor. Ryan checked it, trying not to seem so jumpy. Shane laughed, and Ryan flipped him off with a heavy blush.
"-a place for people with intellectual disabilities to live, learn, and be cared for in a healthy environment. In the end, there would eventually be more than 20 buildings in total to make up the sprawling campus."
"I get a- a vibe here- it's sort of like the Avengers headquaters."
"Why... would you get that vibe?"
"Just rolling grounds, a lot of different buildings. Seems like a place the Avengers would live."
"You know, you're right. As I scan around this place definitely screams high-tech."
"Well-"
"Like a couch over there with a couple of cockroaches fuckin'."
"I touched it and my hand went black."
"Your hand- Your fingers are now falling off cause you touched a wall. This place... definitely Avengers worthy."
"Yeah."
Ryan laughed, giving his taller co-host an incredulous look, then continued. Shane didn't mind, Ryan seemed to like the joke, and if Ryan liked it, Shane did too. God, he really had fallen hard for that man. The history went by slowly, and Shane tried not to fall asleep to the tone Ryan used as he told his findings. Shane found the way he talked so melodic, he couldn't help but almost sway to a silent beat. Then, of course, Ryan made Shane get up to explore.

It wasn't too impressive, Pennhurst. The ghosts were pretty chill, most didn't seem to be all that rude, and most seemed more scared of them than anything. Ryan had them beat in the terror department. He tried not to shake, but Shane could see his fingers twitching and leg bouncing when he stood still for too long. Shane kept himself close to Ryan, which seemed to help the other lean closer to Shane in turn. They walked around calmly, Ryan walking very close and Shane keeping a hand softly on Ryan's back. Honestly, aside from Shane enjoying his time playing with a small airplane and a couple of dousing rods, Shane was pretty convinced this was gonna be pretty boring. At the end, Ryan planned to investigate a whole floor on their own. Shane didn't particularly like the idea.
"Ry," Shane said when the cameras were off. "are you sure about this?"
"I mean, no, not really, but it is what the viewers want."
"Yeah, but you know what could happen if you-"
"Fuck, Shane." Ryan swore. "I am well aware, I just..." he trailed off, and then paused to try and collect himself. "I want to pretend like that isn't happening for as long as possible."
"I-" Shane stopped, he knew Ryan was trying. Hell, he knew Ricky was trying to push Ryan away more than Shane did right now. "Okay. Be safe."
"Always." Shane gave him a soft kiss, and Ryan leaned into it. "Hey Shane?" Ryan whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Would you go first?"
"Yeah, Ry, I'll go first."

••••

"I am now walking alone, on the third floor, there appear to be- Oh Ryan is gonna hate this." Shane said, walking deeper into the area alone. He didn't like walking away from Ryan, but the co-host had asked him to, and it seems to be quite difficult to say no to those eyes of his. He walked around, taunting ghosts and ghouls, before Ryan called out and Shane hurried back to him like a lost puppy.

Ryan switched with him, and Shane was most uncomfortable seeing Ryan walking away from what Shane proudly felt was his best source of protection. Shane had to give him credit though, he was a brave little human. Shane listened cautiously, hearing the man turn on his spirit box and walk around. Shane tried not laugh too much, but it was relief. He couldn't help smiling at the idea that Ryan wasn't Ricky, and that made it easier. Maybe there was hope yet. He still made an effort to talk to Ryan, just confirmation that it was still him, but he didn't really need to. It was a stark contrast between the rudely aggressive dick named Ricky, and the fucking saint Ryan. Shane called to Ryan again to let him know his time was up, and Ryan was back by Shane's side before Shane could blink. They grabbed their things, and began to walk out, relaxed. Shane put his arm around Ryan with pride, and Ryan leaned into the spot made for him. It was when they got to the car that TJ turned around.
"Shit, I forgot the gopro."
"Oh," Ryan said. "I don't wanna get it."
"I'll go get it." Mark offered, and stood up.
"You sure?" TJ asked, looking at Mark's ankle. He had sprained before they went on the trip, and had commented that he had been hurting the whole trip here.
"It's fine."
"Nah, I can get it." Shane said, moving his arm off Ryan's.
"That's pretty far, Shane..." Ryan said shakily.
"Relax, you have TJ and Mark, plus you made it through the solo investigation today too. I'll be in and out."
"O-okay..."
Shane grinned, and jogged back towards the building. He wasn't super happy to leave either, but he trusted Ryan.

He found the gopro sitting on a table near where they had filmed the history, and Shane snatched it before jogging back outside to catch back up with the others. When he got back, the three were silent. Shane frowned, "I got the gopro." He waved it in the air.
TJ nodded and took it from him silently.
"Good to see you again, Shaney..."
"Fuck."