Chapter 12

A girl? Like a girl, like me? Wow. I was excited to meet her, but then I remembered shes with Newt. Where was Newt. Thomas walked with me to the runners hut. We dropped of our bags, "Lets go to supper." suggested Thomas, I nodded. When we left the hut, I saw Newt, he was running toward us, "JOSIE?!" he yelled out, I ran toward him and hugged him to hard, im sure it hurt. "I was so worried about you!" he was crying, I was crying. He kissed me. "I love you Newt." he smiled, "I love you to Josie." I backed away and looked behind him, the new girl was there. Newt turned around, "This is Shae." I smiled at her, she didn't smiled back, "see you at supper?" she asked Newt while patting his back. "Sure." he said looking at me. She walked in the hall, Thomas was still behind me, "Hey Thomas, save me a spot please?" I smiled at him, he nodded and walked into the hall. I looked at Newt, who was already staring into my eyes. "Your kinda sorta beautiful Josie." i blushed and looked at the ground, he lifted my head up, kissed my forehead, "lets go.' he grabbed my hand and we walked inside. We grabbed some food, which was salad and what looked to be chicken i think, probably from the box. We sat down, Shae sat across from Newt and Jake sat across from me, Newt and Thomas on either side of me, "Anything happen in the maze?" Newt asked, looking at Thomas and I. We looked at eachother and laughed, "nothing really." I turned and looked at Newt, "oh okay." I heard Shae laugh, Newt laughed. "Keep your feet over there Shae." They both played with eachothers feet and laughed. Thomas looked at me and smiled, i pulled a smile back to him. I didn't like how Newts attention was divided, I mean makes me sounds jealous but I think I was. But I was also spending a lot of time with Thomas too. How did it look to Newt? i looked at newt, "we are going to hangout at the runners hut. Talk to you later." I stood up and patted his shoulder, Thomas followed.

We walked to the hut and reorganized the bags. "Shaes nice eh?" Asked Thomas. "I guess, I mean she's never smiled at me or said anything." Thomas nodded, "me neither. But she sure likes Newt." I wasent looking at him, "sorry." he apologized. "Its fine, i know." Thomas stood up and walked toward me, he reached out a hand, offering me help to get up. I grabbed his hand and I got up. He smiled, "come on." he led the way to the far wall, "I think I'm faster then you." he said, jokingly. "oh ya, I bet you tomorrow's breakfast." he smiled at me, "ready, set, go!" We both pushed off the wall, I was in front of him. But he wasn't far behind. "Come on Thomas, you'll be very hungry all day." we both laughed, he ran a little harder. he was about a foot behind me. I kicked up the gear, I ran as hard as I ever had, I left Thomas eating my dust. I touched the wall, and turned around. Thomas touched the wall, not shortly after. "Crap!" He yelled, bending over to catch his breath. I patted his back, "man, I will not be hungry tomorrow." we both laughed. He stood up. He smiled, I smiled.