18

aCK, sorry for the late update-!
Also: WE REACHED 2K READS HJSFSGDAFGADSBHS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Poland buckled his seatbelt, riding shotgun. He leaned over to the opposite side where Germany sat, hands on the steering wheel, to exchange a hug and a few words while the other four boys scurried in. 

Germany raised an eyebrow as he watched them climb into his car through the rearview mirror. "Hallo Russland, Amerika, Ukraine and Kanada," he greeted. "It's a bit of a squeeze, but I think we can manage a short ride, ja?"

The boys in the backseat grunted a "hi" and a yes, and Germany started driving.

"Canada, you're suffocating me, I swear my face is smushed against the window," America complained, his voice muffled. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it, your ass is way too big," Canada grumbled.

America bit back a roast. Insulting his older twin while being stuck in between Canada and the car door wasn't a wise decision. "Bloody—" America growled. "Look, I'm sorry I look good, okay?"

"You bloody twat," Canada sneered, mimicking America in a British accent. Russia watched the both of them idly, fighting an amused smile. America felt colour rise to his cheeks, but before he could say anything, Ukraine glared icily at both of them. "Are you two done being childish?" Ukraine snapped.

"I'm done," Canada said, extracting his hands with some difficulty, putting his hands up as if in surrender. "Me too," America muttered begrudgingly, scowling. Canada smirked, having dealt the last blow. America caught the gesture, the corners of his lips tugging even lower and his eyes narrowing in a glower.

"Good." Ukraine sniffed, crossing his arms across his chest. Up front, Germany laughed, glancing at the boys in the backseat, seated uncomfortably. "Why're you laughing? What's so funny?" America demanded.

"Seeing you two bicker is so funny and nostalgic to me. I wish East was here." Germany explained, bitter longing tainting his voice. East—Germany's twin—had passed a while ago. Germany had his name changed from "West Germany" to simply "Germany".

Germany coughed, his eyes threatening to spill tears. "Anyways, we're almost there. Just one more traffic light." He put on a brave face, but his lower lip trembled slightly, although not enough for the others to see.

Germany parked the car in a parking lot and they all (mostly America, Russia, Ukraine and Canada) tumbled out into the cooling December air. The sky was iron-grey and the clouds looked heavy with snow, but it wasn't going to snow, not yet.

Poland took the lead, ruffling his wings out beside him. Together, they climbed a few flights of stairs to the Pole's apartment. Keys dangling and jingling from a keychain attached, Poland took out his wallet to unlock the door.

Poland, Germany, Ukraine and Russia slipped off their shoes and socks, placing them neatly on a shoe rack near the door. America loitered on the threshold, staring at them. "Go ahead, take them off and put them here," Germany prompted, gesturing to the wooden shoe rack. 

"Right." America slipped out of his own shoes and socks, putting them next to the other shoes. 

Poland's apartment was small but humble. There was a bookcase in the living room, filled with neatly shelved books and arranged by their height, some of them leather-bound and some not. Beside it was a small television, and across it was a comfortable looking sofa.

Soft light from the watery sun filtered through the windows, illuminating patches of light on the wooden floor. A stack of paper sat neatly on the dining table, a pair of round rose-gold wire rimmed glasses on top, and all the surfaces were clean of dust. 

"Woah," Ukraine breathed. Poland allowed himself a small smile of pride. "Make yourself at home."

Russia and America sat themselves down tentatively on Poland's couch, and only relaxed when Poland nodded at them, offering a slight grin of forgiveness.

Germany got around to fixing himself some coffee, offering it to the rest. America and Canada graciously accepted a steaming cup of Cafè Crème each, while Russia asked sheepishly for some kvass. Poland took out a bottle labelled "Kwas Chlebowy" and poured it generously into two cups, one for himself and another for Russia.

America initiated a quick introduction of Russia, Ukraine, Germany and Poland to dissipate some of the awkwardness hanging between them. Russia and Ukraine, having met Germany before through their fathers, asked him how he was doing since the last they saw each other. Germany said he had been doing fine and they all sat down to drink.

The six boys talked about family and their current affairs over their drinks, Ukraine sipping some water from a glass. Since Germany and Poland had no family to talk about except the former's father, he said nothing but listened to their friends chatter, occasionally chipping in their own opinion and comments.

America and Canada said that their family was well as they hadn't heard from them in a while and hoped that it was because they trusted the pair of twins to return home themselves. Ukraine and Russia spoke about their siblings and their mischief. The six of them laughed together as the Slavic brothers retold the stories enthusiastically.

One by one, the cups were drained and they stood up to wash the cups in the sink. When Germany returned from the kitchen, he kissed the top of Poland's head. "Niemcy..." Poland complained, swatting the German away. 

"They're going to find out anyways, Polen," Germany reasoned, hugging the Polish country. Poland heaved a sigh and looked towards America and Canada, bracing himself and expecting a  barrage of questions directed at him.

"Y'all are dating?" America asked, goggling at the embracing pair. "Are you two staying together?" Canada inquired too. "Yes," Poland muttered, blushing profusely. "Yes we are." 

To Poland's surprise, the questions ended there. "We're also dating," America declared, gesturing wildly between himself and Russia, "if it makes you feel more comfortable. That is, Russia and I."

"Congrats," Germany grinned, clapping America and Russia on the back. "Thanks, congrats to you too," America and Russia returned with a wide smile.

Poland pulled Germany closer and Canada cracked a joke as he scanned the room, "Man, I feel so alone. Don't you, Ukraine?" Ukraine managed to choke out a yes as he succumbed to laughter.

Edit: Spelling