12| It's Complicated

Start from the beginning

I grinned and stuck my tongue out at him. "Make me."

He tried his best to bite back his smile. "Oh I will, sweetheart."

"You'll have to catch me first." I winked, then ran away in the opposite direction. I heard him run behind me, but since he'd already given me a tour of the house, he didn't have an edge. I glanced behind to find him laughing as he walked after me. Yes, walked. I was running, and he was fucking walking. And it was working pretty well for him. Stupid big guy and his big...feet.

An idea popped in my head. I planned on running to the guest bedroom's bathroom and shutting the door in his face. He'd eventually have to leave because of duty calls, and then he would forget the incident. I smirked as I ran into the guestroom, fully planning to execute my idea.

But there was slight mishap.

Maybe he understood my plans. Because just when I took a step in the bathroom's direction, his arms wrapped around my waist from behind and he lifted me up, making me shriek and struggle. He threw me on the bed and pounced on me before I could move. "You should know," He murmured. "I love a good chase. And I always get what I want."

I snapped my teeth at him.

He chuckled. "Now promise me you'll forget it."

That was the moment my body seemed to remind me he was naked. Because said person pressed his front against my lower half and I gasped when I felt how hard he was. He groaned when he came in contact with my bare core. Nicolas pushed away the robe I'd draped over myself away from my breasts, and took a hard nub in his mouth.

"I love your tits." He said against my skin.

"I noticed." I replied breathlessly.

He nipped, using his teeth to elicit a breathy moan from me. I think it made him happy because he grunted. He brought his hand up to wrap it around the nipple that wasn't in his warm mouth, and he pinched it using his thumb and the forefinger. "You know," He murmured, flicking my nipple with his tongue. "A woman's breasts are never the same size."

"Really?"

"Mm." He tightened his hand. "Your right one is bigger."

I felt embarrassed. Why didn't I know that? Why did a man I'd slept with for a few weeks know something about me that I hadn't known in my twenty five years of life?

"It isn't much." He said, as if hearing my thoughts. "Just slightly. Visible to someone who knows what to look for and someone who looks closely. And I've stared at your body for hours, Nora. It's never enough."

I ran my fingers through his silky black hair. He pressed his lips to my neck, my jaw and to the corner of my mouth. "Now tell me you don't remember what you saw in the kitchen."

"I remember." I said. "You were dancing. You were wiggling. And-" I shrieked when he attacked my sides with his fingers, his hands. It was so unexpected and surprising that I didn't even comprehend when he took both of my wrists and held them above my head, and tickled my sides using just one hand.

"Nico! Nicolas, shit." I giggled uncontrollably, struggling in his grip. But his hand held mine and his body was caging my body beneath his. I squirmed, his laugh reaching my ears. It was the most amazing sound I'd ever heard. I decided it was my favourite.

"Say the magical words and I'll let you go."

I snapped my teeth. "Ne-ne-ver. Nico, fuck, stop. Please." Incoherent sounds left my mouth as my giggles didn't stop. I felt like a fucking drunk teenager who'd had a little too much to drink. Or maybe I didn't need to drink. I could get high on him. Nicolas had the power to make me lose my senses.

Our laughter died down a few moments later. My chest heaved up and down frantically as he breathed hard. His fingers were still at my sides but weren't ticking me. Instead, they were moving up and down lightly. When I looked at his face, he looked lost. The movement of his fingers almost seemed to be unknowing, as if he didn't even know he was doing it.

His eyes softened when they met mine. He slowly, hesitantly closed the distance between us, pressing his lips to mine gently. His lips were soft, coaxing. They traced mine, and he slowly slipped his tongue into my mouth.

Nicolas has always been rough. He was wild, demanding, dominant. And when he kissed me so softly, it almost felt like he wanted to show me there was a soft side to his harsh exterior. That he wasn't just rough all the time. That he needed gentleness sometimes as well.

When he moved away, the softness in his eyes had only increased. For the first time, I felt like I could read his eyes. I saw an adoration of some kind, wild and raw, but low and deep at the same time. A sort of vulnerability. A strong emotion.

And that scared me. Because the look in his eyes told me this wasn't just sex for him.

~~

I avoided Nicolas like a plague the next week. I know it was cowardly, but that was the best I could come up with. I texted him that I had to fly to Tokyo for a meeting, which I actually did, so I didn't technically lie. I just didn't tell him it was for a day, and he assumed it to be a few. Now that wasn't my fault.

I'd started to accept Benjamin and Matthew following me everywhere. In fact, I'd gotten used to those two. So I convinced them to not say anything to their boss. It required a lot of persuasion, but in the end they reluctantly agreed, saying they won't lie if Nicolas asked them.

But when Gracie stuck her head in my office the third day, I already knew I had to face reality.

"You're ignoring me." Was the first thing Nico said when he entered my office. "And you're going to tell me why."

"I'm not." I said. Of course you're not. My conscious mocked me.

"No lies, Nora." His eyes hardened. "Ever."

"I didn't-"

"Yes, you fucking did." He hissed. "One week in Tokyo? Why did I find you at Starbucks day before yesterday?" My mouth shut close. "I thought you'd flown in earlier. I was waiting for you to call, fucking text to let me know you'd come back. And then Charlie tells me you had a one day meeting. You lied."

"I didn't. You assumed it was a week. I just didn't correct you."

"You shouldn't have let me assume." He said. "Nora, if you're not into me anymore, I hope you'd have the guts and enough respect for me to say it to my face."

"No! It's not like that. I just-" How the fuck did you tell a man that you were afraid of falling for him? That you were afraid you'd already started falling for him and didn't know if it would work?

"It has to do with that day." He mused. "I know that. You've been distant ever since I showed you I care. Do you not want me to care?"

"It's complicated, Nicolas."

"Then uncomplicate it and explain it to me." He stated.

I sighed. "I-I'm scared."

"Of?"

"Of developing feelings for you? I don't know. I've known you for such a short time. It's overwhelming. "

He took a step in my direction, grasping my arms to pull me to him. "Why do you think you're the only one who could develop feelings. Can't I have feelings for you?"

"Do you?"

He smiled. It was a genuine one, the one I thought made his face look more beautiful than it already was. "I think you know the answer to that, Nora."

*

Ahhh what do you think is gonna happen?