“You know I actually had money before we got together. You cost me a fortune,” he said, smirking. I pouted, faking hurt. “I guess you’re worth it.” He sighed dramatically and kissed the top of my head.

We drove to the little restaurant, he brought me here last month and it’s so romantic I keep making him bring me back. We got a table immediately, probably because it was almost two o’clock. We both ordered lasagne and waited for our food, chatting happily.

“So do you want me to come back to yours tonight or stay at mine?” he asked, frowning when he mentioned his. I didn’t want him to stay at his as much as he did, but I wasn’t admitting that just yet.

“Mine if you have to,” I said, sighing.

“I don’t have to baby.” He raised his eyebrows. Neither one of us wanted to back down; I usually win in the end.

“Okay I’ll just see you tomorrow then,” I said casually, shrugging my shoulders.

He frowned, I was winning. “Sum,” he whined. I looked up at him, trying not to laugh. “Fine, I wanna stay at yours!”

“Good, me too,” I said, laughing .He rolled his eyes and was about to say something when the waiter came over with our food. He was still frowning when we were eating. “Love you.”

His frown disappeared and was replaced with a huge grin. “I love you too baby.”

“Lily?” Rose said, knocking on the door, taking me away from Lewis. Summer!

“Yeah?”

“You need to come out now.” I pushed myself up again and opened the door with shaking hands. She smiled sadly as she saw me. “He’s here to watch a movie with us,” she whispered. My heart stopped and I couldn’t breathe.

I shook my head, “No.”

She put her finger over her lips to tell me to be quiet. “It’ll be okay, you don’t have to sit near him.” She grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out of the bathroom and guided me to the sofa. I sat next to Poppy at the end of the sofa, there was a space for Rose the other side of her then he was at the other end, furthest away from me.

The girl’s body had gone already and the place was practically shining it was so clean. It looked as if nothing had happened in here.

Rose and went in the bathroom for a shower and I sat perfectly still, hoping he wouldn’t notice I was there. Poppy went in next and Rose sat down next to him. I glanced over to the four vases on the side, one was empty and the other three were filled with our flowers, they had started to die, it wouldn’t be long before he overreacted and got violent again.

“Okay I’m ready, lets watch,” Poppy said cheerfully as she sat down in between me and Rose. We were a little squashed on the sofa and I couldn’t relax at all. He had his arm thrown casually over the back of the sofa, too close to me. About half way through the film I felt his hand on the back of my head. My body froze; he started to casually play with me hair, running his fingers through it. I fought against the uncontrollable urge to throw up. I brought my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I could barely breathe, my fists were clenched together so tight I could feel my nails cutting into my palms.

He continued stroking my hair until the film finished, he got up and said goodnight. As soon as left I ran to my bed and climbed under the covers, curling up into a tiny ball and sobbing into the pillow. I felt so sick and dirty, the only person I ever wanted to touch me was Lewis. I eventually fell asleep on my wet pillow.

Lewis’ POV

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm; I quickly stopped it and jumped out of Summer’s bed. I’ve been sleeping in here for the last three nights after I realised I did need to sleep for a little while so I could be more alert when I searched for her. It’s been twelve days now. It hurts so much and I feel like I can’t breathe but I know she’s still alive and waiting for me to find her, I will look forever if I have to.

I quickly changed, grabbed a jumper and went downstairs to get something to eat before I went out again. I should be going back to University when the half term break was over but there’s no way I’m going anywhere with Summer missing.

“Morning,” Dawn said quietly. She looked like hell and was drinking strong coffee; probably not her first cup of the day and it was only quarter past six.

“Morning, any news?” I asked hopefully. She shook her head and wiped a tear that was falling down her face. Her dad was also here and my parents. Mum was cooking breakfast, she was always trying to make sure everyone was eating properly, eating just seemed so pointless. I could see police officers and volunteers outside the house the same as every day. They had a few people come forward with information but it never went anywhere. I feel so guilty that I don’t know where she is.

I grabbed the coffee and filled a large paper cup to the top and put the lid o it. We’d got a lot of theses cups so we could drink as we looked for her, I had no time to sit around and drink it. Dawn was told she had to stay here in case Summer called or came home.

“Lewis at least have some toast or something before you go?” mum asked desperately.

I sighed; she was always trying to make me eat. “I’ll take some with me.” She nodded sadly and put three slices of bread in the toaster. Taking it with me was the best I could do, I already ate dinner here in the evenings when I came back for the night, usually around ten as it was just too dark to keep searching and I didn’t want to miss anything.

I waited impatiently for the toast to pop up, it seems to take forever. Finally it popped up and mum smothered it in butter and wrapped it in a napkin and handed it to me. “Thanks. Call me if you hear anything okay.” She nodded again and quickly looked away as tears filled her eyes, she missed Summer too, she was like a daughter to her.

I quickly walked out of the house and passed all the people in the front garden. Detective Edwards was just pulling up outside, I practically ran to his car in the hope that he would have some news. “Good morning Lewis, sorry there’s no news,” he said apologetically.

I nodded, ignoring the sinking feeling in my stomach and jumped in my car, taking off down the road, eating the toast as I drove. I pulled up at the side of the forest again, it seems to stretch on forever, I’ve barely covered any of it but I’m not going to give up. I grabbed my back pack out of the car and threw it over my shoulder. Inside it was bottles of water, red ribbon, granola bars, a torch, a hoodie, blanket and some of Summer’s favourite things like marshmallows and Cadburys chocolate, she would probably be hungry when I find her.  

I started walking through the forest passing the red ribbon I tied to a tree last night to show where I’d already looked. I grabbed a large stick so I could move leaves and bushes to get a better look in case she’d dropped something, if she even came here.

I continued looking as I drank my coffee. A few hours later I grabbed a granola bar and checked my phone. No new calls or texts, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I felt my heart breaking even more with every step I took. I wish I could swap places with her, I just want her safe and I’ll never let anything happen to her ever again.

Finally when it was too dark to see anything properly even with the torch I gave up for the night and reluctantly walked back to my car. “I’m sorry Summer. I’ll find you baby, I promise,” I whispered, letting a tear fall down my face before I got in my car and drove back to her house alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. Please comment and vote :D 

Add me on Facebook!!! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001814091456