0·5

You know what was worse than college parties?

College sports.

Unlike parties, if you went to a college game, you literally felt inside the game. Everything became amplified; the noise each time someone on the field made a clean pass, the noise each time a goal was scored, the louder noises when a player hit the ground.

Of all the sports at the University of London, Rugby was one of the most anticipated. Even though I hated it, I could feel the thrill the game brought. It coursed through my veins, saturated the air...and made me almost choke on my drink.

For the thirteenth time since this game began-yes, I was keeping count-the crowd stood up abruptly, and mixed noises of complaint and anger erupted, reverberating around the stadium. The person beside me slapped my drink out of my hands in the process, causing me to scowl and curse myself as the liquid pooled at my feet. My black tee now had a wet and dark patch right in front of it.

I'd come for this stupid game alone because Kong said, and I quote;

"I'm not going to waste my time sitting and being shoved all the time when I can waste my time watching cat videos on my laptop."

Though, I strongly doubted that he had any cat videos. He probably didn't want to be there while I talked to Adam about the one thing I did that crushed him and Pat. No one would admit it, but none of us had moved on from anything.

Which was why I was here. If I wanted us to move on for the better, I needed Adam out of the way. I needed to make him understand that there was nothing to dig. We'd all accepted it. We just had to forget it now.

Finally, after minutes of torture by noise and confusion, because I wasn't paying attention, the game ended.

"What the fuck just happened?!" I heard some guy exclaim from behind me.

Another guy spoke up. "At this rate, our team won't even be on the top one hundred list by the end of the semester."

Wait, what?

That couldn't be possible. We had the best team in the entire state the last time I checked. And the last time I checked was three months ago.

One of the boys sighed, oblivious that I was eavesdropping. "The team seems disorganized. I'm sure the one goal we scored was by coincidence."

"But I think-"

The loud beeping of my phone cut the boy off and made me blush furiously in embarrassment. I hoped they didn't suspect anything. It was four twenty pm which meant the boys were in their changing rooms. If I wanted to get to Adam, I needed to move.

Standing up from my seat in the middle of the auditorium, I pushed my way through angry sports fans to the field and then made my way to the changing rooms. The noise in the air didn't drop even after the game was concluded, and I had a feeling it was because our team was failing, which was another surprise. Our team wasn't supposed to fail, not with Adam as our quarterback.