Chapter 4 Strange Moment

Now that the guy was awake, Sean wanted to ask some questions. But the guy still looked like he was tired. Sean looked at Mr. Erikson. He nodded at Sean, singling him that it should be fine.

Sean tuned his head back over to the new comer. "Hello- I am Sean. And this over here is Mr. Erikson-"

Mr. Erikson softly smiled, and waved at him politely. The guy was just staring at Sean. Sean continued to talk. "You've already met Daniel, he's probably sleeping now. Well, he better be"

The kid didn't make any movements. He just sat there staring at both Mr. Erikson and Sean. Sean was now feeling a little awkward, and looked over at Mr. Erikson. Mr. Erikson figured out what Sean was feeling, and decided to break the awkward silence. "Well, I'll make some hot cocoa for you." Mr. Erikson looked over at the kid as he stood up. "You know what hot cocoa is right?"

Sean was expecting the guy not to say anything, but to his surprise, he did.

"Hot cocoa? Yes sir, I do" The kid said. Mr. Erikson started to bashfully chuckle. "Well, ha, no need to call me Sir" He said. The kid smiled a little. "Sorry Sir, it's just how I was brough up"

Sean could tell Mr. Erikson was surprised by the kids English accent. "As much as I would like to, but I don't eat or drink anything" The kid said. Sean was surprised. "Huh? You don't eat? Aren't you a human?" Sean asked. The guy seemed like he didn't want to say. It seemed like he wanted to, but ended up not doing so.

"Now, now Sean-" Mr. Erikson said. "Don't pester him. If he says he can't, well it is what it is. I'll make one for you and me"

Mr. Erikson walked into the kitchen, leaving only Sean and the kid alone.

Sean decided to ask his name. "Uh... what is your name?"

The kid looked at him. "Thomas. Thomas the- ..... " The kid looked down at himself. "Actually, it's just Thomas."

"Thomas? That's a cool name" Sean said with a smile. Thomas smiled back. "So yeah, about what happened, you came through a portal"

"Was it the magic buffers?" Thomas asked. Sean looked over at Thomas confused. "The magic what?" He asked. Thomas quickly shook his head. "Ah, nothing! Nothing at all." Sean could tell there was something Thomas wasn't telling him. "So... you know about the portal. Do you remember what happened before you came here?"

Sean wanted to see if someone, from Thomas's side had opened the portal. If it wasn't Daniel who opened it, that was a high possibility. Thomas seemed like he was thinking. "My minds a little foggy...." Thomas said. Sean nodded. "It's alright. I guess it'll come back to you soon"

Thomas got up, but It seemed he has trouble standing up. Sean went over to him, to quickly help him. "Woah, easy there. Your limbs seem a little weak from the portal trip."

Thomas nodded, he looked over into the living room, and saw the table where Chris has his model trains. He looked over at Sean. "May I?"

"Sure, just try to to.... break anything. Chris wouldn't be too happy" Sean said. Thomas walked over to the table, filled with the tracks what Chris had built, but was nearly stumbling as he was walking.

'Geez, I understand stand his limbs might be weak, but gosh-' Sean thought to himself.

Thomas made his way over to the table, and looked at one of the locomotives what Chris had out. Sean saw that Thomas was blankly staring at the table. "Uh? You ok?" Sean asked. Sean walked over to him. When Sean reached near him, he saw that he was staring at one of the engines. The new one that Chris had showed Daniel. The LBSC E2 Tank Engine.

"I remember what I was doing." Thomas said. "O-oh?" Sean asked. He was confused onto what jolted Thomas's memory. "I was shunting trucks in the yard"

"Shunting?" Sean asked. With him surrounded by two train nerds, his brother, and his friend Chris, it would of been very strange if Sean didn't knew that word. He had heard Chris use it so many times before. "Shunting. Isn't that a term used for trains"

Thomas nodded. That's when Sean caught on. Well, he thought he did. "Oh! Are you an engineer?" Sean asked. Thomas looked at him. "Y-yeah! Let's go with that."

'Lets go with that?' Sean repeated Thomas's words in his head. 'What the hell does he mean by that?'

Thomas fully turned around and looked at Sean. "Is this Shining Time?" Thomas asked. Sean shook his head. "Shining Time? Uh, no? This is Seattle."

"Huh, Seatt- .... I'M IN AMERICA?!" Thomas screeched. That caused Sean to jump. "You know what America is?" He asked. Thomas nodded. "You said this is another dimension. It isn't shining time..." He then looked over at the table. "Engines don't have-" Then he stopped right there.

"Engines don't have what?" Sean asked. Know he knew something was up. Thomas wasn't telling him something, and he needed to know. "Ok, look Thomas. I know you're not telling me everything. And if you don't, we can't help you. I need-"

Just then, they both heard a voice. "Hey Sean-"

Sean looked up, and right behind Thomas, was Daniel. "Daniel? What are you doing up?"

"Sorry Sean, I couldn't sleep. And Chris was snoring louder than a chainsaw."

Daniel walked over to Sean, then realized that guy was standing up near him. "Oh.. Hi-" Daniel said.

"Daniel, this is Thomas. Thomas, this is Daniel" Sean said. "Nice to meet you Tom" Daniel said. Thomas said. "You two have been talking? You figured out what happened?"

Sean shook his head. "No."

Sean called Daniel aside. He brought him over away from Thomas. "Hey, Dan. I don't know what is going on with him. He seems to be a train fanatic like you, heck, he seems like he drives the damn things-"

Sean got cut off by Daniel. "Woah! He loves Trains like me and Chris? And he drives them? Awesome!!" He said. Sean smiled. "Yes, it is. But everything he gets to the subject about trains, he shuts up. I was thinking maybe since he seems the same age as you, and since you both love trains, maybe you can talk to him"

Daniel nodded. "Of course!"

Daniel turned around, and saw Thomas looking over at the model train table. Just staring at it. "He's been doing that for a while" Sean said when he saw Daniel's confused look. Daniel nodded, and walked over to Thomas.

"Hey, Thomas-" Daniel said once he was about 4 feet away from Thomas. "Ah!" The British sounding kid yelled. "Oh... sorry about that... you startled me"

Daniel chuckled. "Well, I should be the one to apologize"

"O-oh... right...heh" Thomas said. Daniel stood up next to Thomas, and looked over at the table. "You I heard you're a locomotive engineer?"

"Huh? Oh! Yes. I drive trains a lot... everyday in fact..."

"Wow, everyday? What type of train jobs you do?" Daniel asked.

Sean could see Daniel having a conversation, so he left to Mr. Erikson in the kitchen to keep some space from them.

"Wow! You shunt trucks, and you run a passenger line?" Daniel asked. Thomas nodded. Daniel could see that Thomas wanted to say something else.

'Hm... Sean was right...something does seem a little weird about him'

"Hey, if you want to chat more about stuff, I'm here. Kid to kid?" Daniel said. Thomas looked over at Daniel. Then he looked around as if he was making sure no one was around.

"My full name is Thomas The Tank Engine. I'm no locomotive engineer. I am the locomotive. I'm the last hybrid London Brighton SouthCoast E2 Class Tank Engine."