Chapter Five

Aftermath

The day after the entrance exams was spent stretching, but not training.

Izuku was only slightly disappointed to not be working with One for All, but he knew that it would be better to relax after all the work he'd done in the exam yesterday.

He'd woken up with his entire body screaming at him, but that was easily ignored from years of practice, but even now as he did his stretches, he could tell that something was off about the day.

From the way both Enji and Rei kept looking at him, he kind of expected for them to say something, but neither of them ever did. Which was... odd. Different. Strange. Weird.

Neither of his two friends were people who kept his thoughts and options to themselves - unless it harmed people or it just wasn't needed - so it was like they'd challenged Izuku to figure out a puzzle with only a third of the pieces.

Which meant that he's had to go out and find those pieces.

Easier said than done.

Barely anything was spoken during the stretches - Rei had been in the main house at the time - and light workout. Izuku probably would've been fine with that, if he hadn't seen the aforementioned looks from Enji and Rei during breakfast.

Their light workout moved to quiet time for Izuuku while Rei and Enji moved to their own space to just relax. Izuku didn't feel left out, the other two had a much longer friendship that had many more years of experience than he did with them, and he was easily able to keep his mind busy by himself.

Izuku blinked, and a moment later the post his laptop screen had on view was replaced with something else.

"Verglas and Endeavor-"

He couldn't read the rest before he blinked again, and his screen went back to normal. Izuku grumbled as he dropped his head into his hands, his headache growing.

Of course, other than the fact that the longer he stayed in the past, meant the more he was changing things.

Which meant that Izuku would continue to get headaches often as his memories altered with the timeline.

He fumbled to get an empty notebook out and scrubbed down the hero online post headline that he remembered. Izuku was fairly certain that there had been no Pro-Hero called Verglas in his original timeline - he grabbed his Pro-Hero notebook and scanned through the names quickly just to make sure - so that meant that whoever Verglas was, they were someone that Izuku would change from who they would've been.

Izuku scowled and fought the urge to slam his head against the desk that had been placed in the room when it came apparent that Izuku would be staying with the Todorokis longer than he'd originally thought. He hated how confusing and irritating time travel is.

(He'd deduced that it was time travel that had happened to him when he started getting headaches, struggling to remember certain events that he knew had happened in the original timeline.)

Flicking through his original timeline memories notebook, he was glad to see that whatever affected his memories hadn't affected the physical words inked on the paper.

Izuku would have to find somewhere to hide the notebooks if anything happened to him. He couldn't let this knowledge get out to anyone -well, maybe he might show his notebooks to Nezu, just to prove that he really was stuck here in time - if he did - accidental or not - then so many bad things could happen.

(Izuku really, really hoped that he wouldn't run into the villain that had destroyed hurt All Might in 2169. From what he'd struggled to find in the future/his present, he'd managed to string together vague hints that suggested that the villain that crippled All Might was someone who had been around for centuries and had spent years creating a hidden empire that the general public wouldn't exactly know about.