1-Favor

This is a revised version of the original PuzzleMaster series; as I'd confirmed I wanted a change of the original storyline. Please enjoy this new one!

--
The scent of cigarettes filled the poorly lit conference room as the lamp flickered feebly, like a dying firefly.

A man shifted at the head of the glass table, lighting his cigarette. "Its dying,"

"What's dying?" Answered a low voice.

"The D club. Apparently the school wasn't able to keep up funding a 'ridiculous'club," replied the man at the head of the table.

"They have got to be kidding!" Announced a deep and strict male voice. "They'd promised they'd keep it alive!"

"Not all promises can be kept, and who told you to trust the pathetic faculty of the university?" Sighed a hissy voiced male.

"I did," said the person at the head of the table. "It was our university. The school where we met, where we studied, and graduated from. I trust no other,"

The voices fell silent.

The room's light bulb flickered long enough to lighten up all their faces; male adults in expensive tuxedos, all wearing frowns. They sat in the room, fuming silently at their laptops, all opened to the daily news page of Gēnie University.

A deserted club has been discovered! by Ann Estelle

It has come to our concern that we have discovered what is inside the locked and rumored to be haunted classroom of the fifth floor!!

The detective club! have NOT been aware of such a club's existence of our beloved university; this is overwhelming news!!!

"Deserted!?" Gasped the low voiced male. "This is ridiculous!!"

"They even took selfies," mumbled the deep voiced one, nodding at the photo of a strawberry blonde girl, who'd taken a selfie of the empty clubroom.

"We HAVE to do something about this, the club is the most special thing to us--I can't watch it like this!!" Shrieked the hissy male.

They all turned to the man at the head of the table, who was also reading the article.

"I'm afraid we can't do anything about it," he sighed. "We might be one of the most successful companies, and we do sponsor the school. But I'm afraid we cannot do anything about the club as we are neither faculty members or students,"

They all stayed silent, on the verge of tears. However could this happen?? All their memories with the club, all their hard work would be gone...and their was nothing they could do!

"I'll handle it," said a formal, womanly voice.

The four men turned and saw a woman sashay into the room, smiling vigorously.

"You four worry about what caused our beloved club to be deserted. I'll take care of making it alive again," she told them as she sat beside the low voiced male.

"Whatcha gonn'a do about it? You're not a student," said the deep voiced male.

"Don't worry, I know someone who's perfect for the job," pooh-poohed the woman as she pulled out a phone.

"Trust me."

--

Oscar shut the lid close of his trunk. "That should do it," he told his personal assistant, Edgar.

Edgar made a brief bow and with the help of a mascular man wearing an I.D that read 'Jones' Driver', they carried the trunk out of his bedroom.

"Took you long enough honey," sighed Oscar's mother, as she poured herself a glass of wine.