Work Hours Part 5.5 •Taehyung•

♡'・ᴗ・'♡

♡'・ᴗ・'♡

Your P.O.V - 3 years ago

some people think that when you're living a married life is all fun and happy. well, let me tell you something.

it isn't like those fairytales with those happy endings

I'm not happy but I want to look like a happy and content wife. but I just can't maintain it. it's hard when your husband is a cheater.

4 years of marriage and he hasn't changed. despite the years we've been through but I managed to forgive him every single moment I caught him.

why? Because I don't have enough courage to do so. you see, he is the only one who works for the two of us so I can't really bring myself to complain.

he comes home very late at night with a smell of alcohol and a very strong scent of female perfume. I try so hard to hold back my tears as he walks past me as if I wasn't there waiting for his hugs or kisses. he just went straight to his room and I ran into mine.

if you're wondering. yes, we have our separate rooms. I just can't sleep with him. I can't bear the smell of other women lingering on his clothes.

every night, I cried myself to sleep to decrease the pain. I just thought it would be the best medicine for a broken heart. so I kept crying and crying until I fall asleep.

"why?" I entered my room with my face looking on the ground

"why?" tears started falling from my eyes

"WHY!?" I punched my chest and clenched my shirt as I slowly fall on the floor.

"why can't he do those things to me?" tears won't stop. even if I want it to stop, it won't. even if I want... to.

"Why am I this pathetic? I hate it. I hate myself. I hate everything"

all these words came out of my mouth every night. and each sentence felt like knives piercing through my heart and it hurts so bad

I laid down on my bed, crying myself to sleep. I never once hoped that this pain will stop. I felt hopeless, I felt lonely, sad, and I feel such a mess. I just felt empty

the next day

as the sun rays entered my room, I woke up feeling numb and my eyes all puffy.

I looked in my calendar and realized it's our wedding anniversary.

I dressed up and went out while he's working to actually celebrate it. even if he is out there cheating, he never missed our anniversary in the last 4 years so I'm actually happy he could spend this day with me for once since he is always on his leave this time of the year. it's a special day after all