He checked the clock on the wall. Realizing Louis had been in there for a good hour. But he decided not to disturb him. Even if he was going through something. He needs his space.

Louis clutched his knees to his chest. Under the warm running water. His fingers pruning from how long he'd been in. Water droplets rested on his eyelashes. His tears mixing in with the shower water. His body was limp from exhaustion. He wanted sleep more than anything.

He pulled himself up on the metal bar. Legs shaky and arms aching. He turned the water off. Letting the last drops fall down his back. There was a light knock on the door. "Lou. You okay?" Louis wrapped the white towel around his waist. "Yeah." He heard Zayn clear his throat. "Just checking mate." He heard his footsteps fade out down the hall.

He wiped the excess condensation off the mirror. Taking in his appearance. His eye bags large. Dark circles the color of a plum. He huffed. Pulling the white shirt over his head. "And he calls himself the dependent one. I can't even sleep." He pulled the gray joggers up to his hips. "A phone call would be nice. Hell! Even a text. Maybe I wouldn't feel like this." He snatched his phone from the counter. Hopeful for a missed anything. But there was nothing.

Zayn sat on the floor quietly. Whist Louis huffed and puffed. "What's wrong?" Zayn looked up at the distressed boy. "My headphones are fucking tangled." Louis threw the white earbuds across the room. Jumping up off the bed. "I need a smoke." He crouched down. Searching through the pockets of his bag. Relieved to feel the familiar box. He stuffed the box in his pocket. Grabbing Zayns lighter from the desk.

"Here." Zayn shoved the headphones in his hand before he walked out the door. "Thank you." Zayn nodded. Flashing a small smile to him.

Louis walked down the many stairs in Zayns home. Before exiting out the back patio door. He took a seat on the swing. His legs rocking forward and backwards. Creating a momentum. He placed the cancerous stick in between his lips. Lighting it. Before inhaling. The familiar taste calmed him. He put in his headphones.

One of his comfort songs filled his head. Cigarette Daydreams. Which he thought was kind of ironic. He felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes. Pulling the earbuds out. Zayns mum smiled at him. "Y'know those are bad for you right." His cheeks flushed. "'M sorry." She shushed him. "It's okay. I know Zayn does it too." Louis chuckled. Zayn always bragged about how his mum knew nothing.

She sat down next to him. "What's up? What's the problem that needs stress relieving toxins?" Louis frowned. "It's Harry." She nodded. "Anne tells me he's a hard one." Louis pulled his eyebrows together. "Y'know his mum?" She nodded. A small giggle leaving her lips. "When she was with Robin they were involved with our country club." Louis nodded. Zayns mum wrapped her arms around Louis' frame. Pulling him close to her chest. "I hope everything works out. No one deserves to feel the way you do right now." She pecked his cheek. Squeezing his shoulder before walking back off into the garden.

Louis walked back upstairs. Zayn was giggling down at his phone. Louis smiled fondly. "Texting Gigi?" Zayn looked up from his phone confused. "Oh! Yeah I am." He laughed awkwardly. Louis nodded. "Um. Okay. Can you take me home now?" Zayn nodded. Pushing himself up to his feet. "Home Home or Harrys?" Louis cheeks flushed. "Uhm Harrys?" Zayn grinned.

"Thank you Z. For everything." He pulled Zayn in for a tight hug. "It's no problem Lou." Zayn waved Louis off.

Louis walked in the house. Using the spare key Anne had given him. Her car wasn't in the drive. He pat Dustys head before walking up the stairs. Stopping in front of Harrys door.

He knocked softly. A small whimper was heard. "Go away mum." Louis sighed. "It's Lou." He heard shuffling and light footsteps for the door. A tinge of hope shot through him. A part of him thought that maybe Harry would let him in. Instead he was met with the sound of the lock clicking.

Small cries coming from the other side. Louis bawled up his fist. Tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "Please let me in Haz." A few tears slipping down his cheeks. "Go away Louis!" A choke sob was heard. Louis sunk down the door. "I'm not leaving. I'll sit out here. As long as it takes." Louis pulled at the hem of his shirt. "Louis! Please just go!" Louis huffed.

"I told you I'm not going anywhere. We at least need to talk." Harry screamed. A blood curling scream. One that causes toddlers to cover their ears. "Louis please just leave me alone." Harry said through choke sobs. "I'm not good enough for you. Get out while you can." Louis pulled on his hair.

He eventually heard Harrys breathing even out. He grabbed a pillow and blanket from their spare bedroom. Curling up outside Harrys door.

"I'll wait as long as it takes." He mumbled over and over before falling asleep.

Little did he know his curly haired boy was sleeping on the other side of the piece of wood. Fingertips brushing over the loose piece of his shirt sticking under the door.

hey guys! thanks so much for reading my story!! i know this one was a bit longer;)). you're welcome<33. love you guys