Missing in Action

THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER EVER SO YEAH HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO.

••••••The next morning••••••

KAI'S POV:

Who was gonna tell me neighbors were so loud?

I woke up to the sound of music being blasted. I could literally feel the beats of the song through the walls. I rolled over to check my phone, expecting it to be the afternoon.

8am? It's 8am and my neighbors are fucking blasting music.

Jesus, I'm really envying yesterday morning. It was soooo much better. I think I'd rather hide from Damon then listen to this shit as an alarm clock.

The desire to sleep faded as the music continued to blast through my ears. I slumped out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth because how else would they always stay so perfect? My hands gripped the counter as I spit out the remaining liquid in my mouth. I looked down to see the silver ring wrapped around my finger. My ring fit like a glove over my knuckle. Sabrina's however, fit like it was gonna fall off if she made any kind of big movement with her hand.

Although, it didn't fall off the other day when she was gripping my shoulders for dear life. I know so because the cold material pressed against my skin. So I guess you could say hers fits fine too.

As I do every morning, I started to the kitchen. Making any sort of meal is a talent of mine. If you don't believe me, I have plenty of references. Like Sabrina, Bonnie, shocking I know, and even a few of my siblings might admit I can cook a five-star meal.

I don't really have preferences when it comes to food. I'm not the picky type. However, if it comes from a box in the frozen section, I won't be eating it. Maybe I'm just used to eating my own meals since all I did was cook for eighteen years.

Another thing I will never eat in my life is Damon's pancakes. They are shit, like, absolute shit. It could be because he never cooks sober. I swear he's always downing something the second an inconvenience pops up. That man is literally always drunk. If he's not drunk, he's angry. If he's not angry he's horny—

Fuck that. I don't want to get that image in my head. I heard enough of his pathetic fantasies in the prison world. He would be drinking while imagining he was fucking his girlfriend. When in reality, his girlfriend wiped her memories of him and has a new boy-toy.

Did I mention all the drama this dumb ass town has? Like, your telling me that Caroline dated the whole friend group, including a thousand year old hybrid? Also, what the actual fuck is a hybrid? Like is that some more made up wizard shit I don't know about?

Who was gonna tell me that Elena did a brother swap? Like, how can anyone still be on good terms with a sibling after they stole your girl? Then there's some dude who is a werewolf? I may have missed bits and pieces of this story but still, this shit is crazy. Then again, all the people in this town are insane, so I'm not surprised.

Well, almost everyone

I cracked an egg onto a skillet and laid out some bacon. Then I realized that talking about Damon's awful pancakes really made me crave some good ones. So I started to prepare that batter too.