One Last Thing

I hadn't talked to Kai in two days. Not that I wanted to anyway.

After what Kai had said, I made the decision to avoid him at all costs. I didn't want to think about him. Whether I was thinking of a good memory or a bad one. I forced myself to start letting go of everything that had happened.

Which was actually starting to become easier because there was a new issue rising among us.

Death

Okay, yeah death has always been an issue in Mystic Falls. But this was a different type of death. The worst kind. The type that breaks your soul from the inside out.

Liz Forbes, Caroline's mom, had come down with cancer. We all hurt for both Liz and Caroline.

Caroline was convinced vampire blood could heal cancer. Although I've never heard of it before and neither has anyone else.

"It cures wounds!" Caroline expressed.

"Caroline don't you think we would know if vampire blood could cure cancer?" Stefan said.

"What do you think Sabrina?" Caroline turned to me.

"Honestly," I started, "I think Stefan's right. Vampire blood can do a lot of things but I don't know if curing cancer is one of them." I said.

"Seriously? Does nobody have any hope around here?" Caroline exaggerated.

"After my lovely girlfriend erased her memories of me, thanks to my best friend Alaric, I've lost all hope." Damon replied drunkenly from the couch.

"You were gone for four months Damon." Stefan said.

"So? I wouldn't trade any of our memories for the world." Damon replied.

"Just give her some time." Caroline assured him.

"Yeah, that's the thing blondie, She doesn't even remember all the amazing moments we shared. I could give her as much time as she wants but it's still not gonna change the fact that she doesn't remember us together."

I felt bad for Damon in so many ways. First, the love of his life made the choice to completely forget everything they had. Secondly, it was his best drinking buddy who had done the damage. Damon loved Elena with every ounce of his body. So I guess he felt betrayed when Elena felt the overwhelming urge to forget about him.

"Can you see if any of the books you have say anything about vampire blood healing cancer?" Caroline asked me.

"Oh yeah sure one second." I turned to make my way up to my room. I doubted any of them did. But I still had to look.

I opened the door of my room and walked over to the bookshelf. I pulled out a few books skimming the pages when I heard something.

It was like a ripple. Like something had been broken or released.

I turned around to find, well I'm sure you already can guess

Kai Parker

The moment I saw him all I wanted to do was kill him. I didn't get that feeling often but when I did it was strong. At the same time I wanted to burst into tears because the scene of Bonnies lifeless body was refreshed in my head. He must have used a cloaking spell to stay in here because I hadn't seen him until just now.

Kai looked different. He wasn't being arrogant. Or sarcastic. He looked, exhausted. Not the kind of exhaustion that you get from a lack of sleep though. He looked mentally exhausted. His hands were held on his lap folded. His head was slightly lowered down.

"Get out." I said almost choking on my words.

He didn't say anything. He just stayed how he was. Did he seriously not hear me? I thought.