Chapter | 12.

At the age of thirteen, Alec and I have been traveling the world- running from our past

At the age of thirteen, Alec and I have been traveling the world- running from our past. Leaving us in a new country, city, and place- getting comfortable and settling down was never an option for us. No matter how hard we try to run, our past would always catch up to us, leaving the both of us to fend for ourselves.

"It's the strong that survive in this world, Amethyst. And the weak... they die, forgotten and inconsequential"

The man who spoke these words like a blessing was more like a curse. I was a soldier, taught how to kill at a young age was something that made me stronger and had to help me survive in this world but I was tired of being used as a weapon- I was tired of surviving, I wanted to live so I did. Escaping the syndicate was a step to freedom but in reality, there was darkness back there, we couldn't escape it however far we ran it was attached to us, a giant shadow always there moving closer but never farther away.

Untieing the rope, breaking the chain, and letting go of our past was a figment of our imagination. Whoever we were before the age of three and four was long forgotten. We're soldiers, assets. They trained us, condition us to become numb to everything, particularly blood, violence, death. No matter what you change of your past... One thing shall remain the same... Who you are. And that's a fate you can never escape.

A thirteen and twelve-year-old kid adjusting to the outside world was hard, even harder with our past demons chasing us and preparing to send us back to our own hell. Upon realizing that wherever we went they were always a step ahead of us, we decided to do what we do best and that was to run- but running couldn't get us to where we wanted in life so our only option was to use the training we were brought upon. Our minds were programmed by them, they created us and the only way we could win against them was to be just as ruthless as them.

The chances of us surviving against a syndicate made up of criminals against two teenagers who lived next to a dumpster was zero to a million. So instead of making our death beds, we decided to gain resources- as in money- leading us to pickpocketing people among the streets then meeting the Reinhart family gave us the opportunity of building our own empire. After gaining something of our own we decided we could never put the Reinhart in a position where they had to choose us or their family so we left- keeping in contact here and then.

Our fighting tactics and knowledge could only get us so far, traveling the world gained us the knowledge and experience of other survival ways plus who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

The training was brutal we spent every day evolving our skills, preparing for the worst. Every form of martial arts we squeezed in. From Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, to American karate, to Colombian Grima, to Muay Thai, to Taekwondo, to Krav Maga... and any other form of fighting we could achieve. We've received various black belts in an array of martial arts. Including our assignments we went on- tracking down associates of the syndicate- and the weapons training we've mastered.