𝐗𝐈𝐈 • ❝𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞❞

Start from the beginning

I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a smoothie, banana and strawberry with a little bit of orange juice. I open the fridge at get a wave of coldness hit me, I attempt to pull out some food but the door knocks.

"I'm coming." I shout and close the fridge. Another knock.

"I said I'm coming!" I shout, not in a horrible way but didn't they hear me? I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

A woman was stood there with a suitcase, her brown hair was curled and her brown eyes sparkled, I looked to see what she was wearing and it was a plain black dress, touching her knees with long sleeves.

"Can I help you?" I asked and raised a brow, she kept looking behind her and gathered up the strength to catch her breath.

"Yes, but could I come in first please?" She pleaded me, I nod and allowed the woman inside.

We both take a seat on the sofas which barely anyone sits on, I made her a cup of coffee which she has already half drank. I can smell her musky perfume from here.

"I'm so sorry to have come to your home like this." She sighs and puts the cup of coffee down on the coffee table.

"That's fine." I said, I didn't want to bombard her with questions, she seems shaken up slightly.

"I'm Serena." I say and smile.

"You're so beautiful Serena! You look just like your mother." My eyebrow raises with confusion.

"My mother?" I question.

"Yes, your mother. I haven't seen her in absolute years." My mind is full of questions that needs to be answered, I've never known of this woman before.

"I'm sorry to seem rude, but... Who are you?" I ask and suddenly feel uncomfortable and awkward.

"Oh honey, I really haven't seen you, last time I did you were a little baby." She sighs and the lining of her lips move and her lips part preparing for a sentence.

"I'm Lia." She said but my mind was still baffled... Who's Lia?

"Oh... Has no one spoken about me?" Her eyes fall to the floor with pure sadness.

"I'm not sure, I'm sorry Lia." I said and look at the floor too, I have no idea who this woman is and I've just allowed her into our house where she could potentially murder me.

"Have you seen my son recently? I know he lives here in Italy but I haven't seen him in so long I'm hoping he hasn't moved away." She looks at me with her brown keen eyes, son? Diego?!

"Wait... Is your son Diego?." I raise a brow as I put all the pieces together.

"Yes!" She screams and tears begin to form in her eyes.

"I haven't seen him in ten long years, I've missed him so much... I've missed every birthday." Her tear falls onto her cheek which is where she wipes it away, I begin to feel a wave of sadness take over my body. It's so heartbreaking that Lia hasn't seen Diego in ten years... She's missed loads of things.

"Have you seen my Diego recently?" she questions me and I nod.

"He and his father has been staying close to us, Diego especially has been helping with my father's mafia. " I say and smile at her, her face lightens and the colour comes back to her cheeks.

"Oh my god, how is your brother?!" She asks me and I chuckle slightly.

"Yes he's good, he's about to have a baby!" I said and she smiled, a wide smile that went from one ear to the other. She was a lovely woman.