I stepped a little closer as I could feel the tension between me and him spark, "Stefani, don't...." my dad warned.

"I wonder if Lillian's a lesbian. She doesn't seem to mind the taste of other women from your lips," i sized him up and down.

My dad slams his brief case onto the table and I walked off laughing my ass off knowing I got him good with that one.

"Stefani, don't you walk away from me. I'm not done!" He roared again.

"You have nothing else to say, let's face it," I nearly broke into a skip down the hall. I sped up my pace when my dad's footsteps were from afar.

I'm having too much fun.

"Stef-

*SLAM*

"Fan-

*SLAM*

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

*SLAM SLAM*

"One slam no, two slams yes? Grow up!"

*SLAM SLAM SLAM*

"What the hell is three slams?!" My das wailed down the hall.

His phoned chimed in his pocket and he mumbled off through the walls and I could hear a small and faint hiss.

I quietly snickered as I looked down on my phone from the message I sent:

Stefani: 3 slams = you eat ass

"I'm going to work, we're not done. We're gonna set boundaries and disciplinary actions when I get back," my dad scolds me through the door.

I got clever and decided to type something else..

Stefani: you're running late for your "appointment" 🍆😏

My dad scoffs as he stomps out the door and it didn't take long until I heard a faint knock on my door.

"Can I come in?" Lillian's angelic voice chimed and I face palmed myself in the forehead.

It's like with one adult, I have one problem and then another problem with another adult- "sorry to interrupt your beauty sleep, I was practicing synchronized door slamming," I opened my door and replied sarcastically.

"I think it was time for me wake up anyways," she replied softly yet groggily.

The morning sun was just at its peak; the clouds were grayish but the sky was orange and yellow with light shades of baby blue and a beaming yellow sun as I opened the curtains from my balcony and let a warm breeze come in.

My eyes came across the red wine silk robe that covered Lillian's body and her hair was effortlessly pulled in a neat bun. She had her legs crossed to the side as she sat down on my bed and she pats a spot for me to accompany her.

I go along with it and flopped on my bed.

"Good morning," her smile glowed and her eyes twinkled as her hand reached out to touch my face.

I didn't move, I just sat there looking at her blue eyes. I'm not sure what to do. Surprisingly enough, I found myself letting her cup my cheek and stroke the side of my cheek with her thumb. I remained silent as the corner of her lips curled up just barely.

"Tsk tsk tsk, why must you be so hard to deal with?" She looked genuine.

"Doesn't feel like it now..." I talked back but I was clam and she had a soft care free giggle. She was still cupping my face- and I was okay with it. Not weirded out- maybe a little, but... it was comforting.

"You're gonna give him gray hairs at this rate," she joked with a tired sigh.

"And I'm gonna give you a quiet day. Consider it an act of mercy due to waking you up," I raised a brow at her and she giggled some more.

"No need. Despite the hectic occurrences that take place when you're around, I enjoy your company. A lot," Lillian becomes sincere with her words.

"I'm gonna barf," I groaned and started making myself burp with gag sounds and Lillian bursts out in laughter.

"No boy will ever want to kiss you if you act like that!" She teased.

"As if boys are what I'm interested," I didn't realize she was staring when I had said that.

Hell, I didn't even realize what I said.

"You can look up 'how to deal with a lesbian step daughter' on google after you shower, I'll go make you breakfast since I pissed my dad off into forgetting to feed his own fiancé," I rolled my eyes.

"R-right...." Lillian's eyes averted toward the fish tank.

"Stefani?" She starts another conversation.

"Hm?" I started scrolling on my phone.

"Your fish are beautiful," her voice caught my ear but it was only her hand that lingered on the door briefly as she had already walked off.

Ugh.. I don't know what's worse; me getting her that ring, or me using my dead mom's pancake recipe to feed my new- possibly not soon to be step mom because my shit dad of a man doesn't care about Lillian..

What if I care?

Rachel: I'm coming over!