Chapter 67 - The Vacation Proposal

Start from the beginning

“I don’t know!” I stood there waiting for what seemed like forever. 

(Syd’s P.O.V.)

“Stay there” I said running back into the room. I ran down the hallway and frantically hit the elevator button. When the doors didn’t open, I ran for the stairs. I went down as fast as I could until I reached the lobby. I flew out the doors, and around the building until I found him. I stood there staring at him standing there holding his guitar. Even in the dark, he looked amazing. 

“I don’t know!” I heard him say looking up. I followed his sight line to find Kalyn, I glared at her, and when she found me, she ducked down. 

“You can’t do that.” he looked around trying to find me. When he did, he froze.

“Do what?”

“You can break my heart twice, and then come back and ask me to marry you.”

“Well I just did.” 

“Did you mean it?” I said walking closer. 

“Mean what?”

“What you said in the song.” I stopped a few feet away. 

“Which one.”

“The one at the concert.”

“I, Niall James Horan, will do what ever it takes to get you back.” I looked at him for a minute, I looked him in the eyes so I could tell if he was lying. 

“Then yes.”

“Yes to what?”

“YES SHE’LL MARRY YOU YOU IDIOT!” Darrian yelled.

“SHUT THE HELL UP DARRIAN!” I yelled back. 

“Wait really?”

“No she said yes because she doesn’t want to marry you.” Paige said.

“You shut the hell up,” I said pointing the balcony. “and you,” I said pointing to Niall. I was standing right in front of him. “kiss me.” I whispered. I pulled his shirt, and kissed him. 

“WOOOOOO” everyone was cheering. I smiled into the kiss, and pulled away. He slipped the small ring with the big diamond on my finger. 

“I’LL HAVE YOU KNOW HE PICKED THAT OUT ALL BY HIMSELF!” Kalyn yelled.

“What?”

“It was my grandmother’s. She said to give it to you.”

“Niall-” he kissed me again. 

“I missed that.” 

“missed what?”

“Interrupting you.” he smiled. 

“I’ve gotta go.” I whispered. 

“Awww why?”

“I’ve got a plane to catch.”

“What you’re still going?”

“Yeah. I can’t waste these plane tickets.”

“Will you at least tell me where you’re going?”

“Nope.” I smiled.

“What why?”

“Because then you would follow me and you need to be here on tour.” he sighed. 

“One more for the road?” I smiled, and pecked him lightly on the lips.

“I’ll see you when I get back ok?” I walked away slowly still holding onto his hand until I was too far to reach. I walked away only looking back once just before I turned the corner. Jeffery was waiting in a car, all of my stuff in there. 

“You sure you wanna do this?” Jeff asked.

“Yupp.” I said. We drove past the side of the building Niall was still standing there. I rolled down the window. “I’LL CALL YOU WHEN I LAND!” I yelled, and then rolled the window back up before he knew what was going on. I sat back in my seat and smiled looking down at the ring. 

“You gonna be okay?”  Jeff asked.

“I’ve got the hotel reservations under a different name, and I will use that name the entire time. You don’t have to worry.” we pulled into the airport. 

“You sure?” 

“Jeff, having a security gaurd around all the time would raise suspicion. I don’t want the press getting ideas. And besides, the girls need you more then I do. I can take care of myself.” 

“Flight 675 to Boracay Beach, Philippians is now boarding.”

“I suppose no I don’t have a choice.”

“You’re worse then my dad.”

“Sorry....”

“Now remember, you are the only one that knows where I’m going, so you can’t tell them. Got it?” 

“Yeah.”

“Thank you...” I hugged him goodbye, and then got on the plane. 

No regrets Syd. You’re gonna get tons of writing done, and a great tan. I know you just got engaged and you should be with Niall, but you need this. This will be good for you. So you’re gonna get on this plane and you’re gonna go have a great time. I thought to myself as I walked down the the isle to my seat. It was a single seat so no one could sit next to me. I wanted to be alone. It was gonna be a long flight.